KP stays to help interim boss Wassall Sky Sports understand

Curtains

57 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Just off the top of my head there are a couple of obvious ones for Bent - Fulham at home, hit the bar off of Ince's cut back, and Bristol City at home where he headed against the bar, unopposed, from 2 yards out after a great cross completely took out their keeper.

Tbf Bent was pretty rusty when he had those chances, you cant expect someone who has played the odd minute here and there when games are pretty much over to be up to speed. I thought Clements management of Bent was pretty poor, never had enough time on the pitch to be an asset for when a goal was needed.

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would be really disappointed if Kevin Phillips has been employed to tell professional footballers 'how to score goals'

Watching the drill KP does with the players here he tees the ball up on the edge of the area for them to have a crack at goal would suggest that maybe he should as not many of the attempts actually go in the goal or even trouble whichever keeper is in the nets at the time

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

Tbf Bent was pretty rusty when he had those chances, you cant expect someone who has played the odd minute here and there when games are pretty much over to be up to speed. I thought Clements management of Bent was pretty poor, never had enough time on the pitch to be an asset for when a goal was needed.

He trains day in day out... I play five a side once a week and would've scored that header.

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

That's a fair point. Bringing him on when there was 5 minutes to go was hardly setting him up to succeed.

Archived