What are the things and values most important to you ?

Cisse

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inglorius said:

Sorry beat me too it, couldn't figure out how to retract the post afterwards 

ah well I can empathise with you on that regard and admire the level of personal responsibility you took in admitting your error. 

20 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Easy, my kids and wife are happy...

And myself to have piece of mind and have experience, strength and hope...

Says it all really, nothing much else gets near in importance. Like my father and his father, the chance and opportunity to give each generation that follows a better life.

Maybe one day they will reward me with grandkids too, so I can help in the start of the next circle of life beginning; that although not a value, would be a dream.

21 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Says it all really, nothing much else gets near in importance. Like my father and his father, the chance and opportunity to give each generation that follows a better life.

Maybe one day they will reward me with grandkids too, so I can help in the start of the next circle of life beginning; that although not a value, would be a dream.

Precisely... :)

Dav, my 3 kids and my grandson.

I hope I never have to leave them until I've given them what I can to help cope with what this bloody world throws at them.

On 07/02/2016 at 10:18, sage said:

At the Junior School we have launched a new reward system where the kids get points for displaying the 12 core values of the school, They are (if i can remember them)

Honesty, Cooperation, Resilience, Friendship, Respect, Tolerance, Patience, Empathy, Understanding, Independence, Empathy, Appreciation.  

That seems a perfect list to me, and maybe, just maybe, the kids will all grow up and realise that our politicians display very few of these qualities, and that might give them the impetus to be a generation that does something about it

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was celebrating one of my friends birthday eating out in a Mexican restaurant an on Tuesday I was out with a few of my friends too. It's easy to notice how much you appreciate your friends sticking by you when you are going through a rough patch in your life. The friends that you can count on having hard times are not necessarily easy to find.

I must count myself very lucky to have several good friends.

Archived