This Is More Like It !

Yani P

Played ok and didn't deserve that but there's definitely something wrong. 

Clement ain't the man to bring this lot together I'm afraid. There playing out of position. Only butter field looked comfortable. The balance is just wrong

bloody 4-4-2. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a 4-1 game and our general play was alright..everyone gets at least one game like this (pens, own goal, deflection) but the timing of this just makes the reading and brum games lookeven worse, where we simply didnt turn up, just annoys me more.

But of course the armchair more-ons will try to make scapegoats of keogh and shackell.

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

Never a 4-1 game and our general play was alright..everyone gets at least one game like this (pens, own goal, deflection) but the timing of this just makes the reading and brum games lookeven worse, where we simply didnt turn up, just annoys me more.

But of course the armchair more-ons will try to make scapegoats of keogh and shackell.

why wasn't it a "4-1 game"? we defended like a bunch of 7 year olds....the defense didnt turn up at all...as for scapegoats... Keogh and Shackell were both totally at fault for all 4 goals, what else are people to think.?

Also want to mention warnock was a rock again today great signing and has proved the doubters wrong 

Andre grey looks like one hell of a player, direct and quick, caused havoc between keogh and shock all, every time he had the ball he caused us problems, positive that the only way burnley threatened is was with grey alone.

we played well first half, got unlucky, really unlucky, an own goal, 2 penalties and a deflection, didn't think we deserved to lose, Johnson and Christie awful, Camara bright when he came on, at least we weren't dominated, which greatly reduces cause for concern, individual errors which the management can't do anything about however we showed signs we were playing like a team again, more of the same (minus the errors). UTR

You make your own luck, how many times this season do you see Derby break as a team , constantly one player breaking only to hit a ball in with nobody breaking in to the box? Every single player back for corners ? Tippy tappy keep the ball football with no drive or urgency ain't gonna get you anywhere in the English championship, take butterfield out the equation and we got nothing ,,,,,, so much talent going to waste

I was pleasantly surprised with tonight. I was happy with how we played. We weren't clinical but we looked a lot more dangerous than them. 

Ahackell and Keogh gave away two shoddy penalties which they're both better than. We also scored two own goals. 

We we will get the run of the green soon and our season will be back on track. 

we have gone from a free scoring team to a defensive ball playing side who find goals hard to come by, sides have done well with this set up but you need a top goalgetter i think martin suffers under this system and johnson who is a top class player looks like a sunday league man so i think they have all struggled to adapt to this style of play i think the team we had last season with this defense would have been ok if you play well but dont score you are always going to be unlucky in the end you can have as much of the as you like but teams only fear goals and we are pretty toothless under the present system 

5 minutes ago, inter politics said:

We got what we deserved, can't blame it on luck, we are clueless going forward, there is no togetherness in the team, Absoloute shambles ever since we beat Fulham on Boxing Day plus we have scored four league goals in that time and had about five shots in that time ! The players need to take a good look at themselves and step up not hide !

Well the centre of defence has been the last bit of the team to lose form and tonight just seemed like a collective defensive implosion. 

What is it about the first 15 mins of the second half.  We seem to be completely unable to cope if the opposition step it up a bit- which was almost inevitable tonight.

The game was then gone and heads dropped. Didn't think much of burnley tbh rode their luck and didn't really do anything to induce our collective hari kiri

Sky commentators seemed to think burnley were far and away better. What,  they knocked it about a bit once they were 4-1 up?  I am angry with fate. The only saving grace being at least that prancing turd boyd didn't score and generally did eff all. 

Don't know what Clement does next tbh.

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

why wasn't it a "4-1 game"? we defended like a bunch of 7 year olds....the defense didnt turn up at all...as for scapegoats... Keogh and Shackell were both totally at fault for all 4 goals, what else are people to think.?

Dontbe silly, you know what i mean..in terms of general play, it is not a result that would usually occur.

The team performances (or lack of) against reading and brum annoy me much more than individual errors by two of our better players this season.

Archived