Derby gate receipts given to Pools

North_Stand_Ram

Just now, Wolfie said:

Maybe but the principle is the same.

Look, it's a nice gesture & I applaud it but I just think that some of the gushing I've seen about it is getting a bit silly when it's not even a new idea.

People thinking it's new isn't the reason they're "gushing". The fact that almost no-one does it when big clubs beat lower league opponents is. The gratitude from Hartlepool is the reason it's important.

Also don't feel like it's the same gesture in the play-off final, I've never seen a losing club (fans or the organisation itself) thank the winners for the "great gesture". Clubs of the same level, the money still isn't going to make a huge impact on a Championship team's coffers. Feels more like "we don't need this any more" rather than a "here, you need this more".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Maybe but the principle is the same.

Look, it's a nice gesture & I applaud it but I just think that some of the gushing I've seen about it is getting a bit silly when it's not even a new idea.

Do you support Preston?

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Hahaha you can practically taste the jealousy/envy/bitterness - Awwwwwww diddums pr1ck :lol:

Clearly never gotten over the Billy Davros thing.

Is he even old enough to know what happened with Davros?

Just now, rynny said:

Is he even old enough to know what happened with Davros?

His Grandad probably regaled him with the yarn! :lol:

Next to Forest-like failures in the playoffs, the Davros thing is probably the biggest thing to happen to Preston since dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

5 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Hahaha you can practically taste the jealousy/envy/bitterness - Awwwwwww diddums pr1ck :lol:

Clearly never gotten over the Billy Davros thing.

You missed my tweet at the bottom suggesting Preston should donate their 3rd winning Prize Money to Peterborough 

Archived