Strange openings on Mars

toddy

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Certainly not natural, but there is more........

How can you say that with any certainty at all?  Even if you are to entertain the idea as possible...and technically of course it is possible but fantastically unlikely. 

It's far more likely that Derby will win the FA Cup this year, win it...qualify for the Europa League as a result...win that next year....thereby qualifying for the Champions League for the following year....win that,  beating Barcelona 7-1 in the final, with a returning Connor Sammon bagging a hat-trick of volleys from outside the box. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Google Earth distorts images all the time....their algorithms aren't perfect. 

They may, but highly unlikely they would distort to square shaped structures which are different to their surroundings. Not all the shafts are the same.

You could argue that if this image was supplied by somebody else, creating an image then you could think, yeah just photo shopped it to create a fake, but google earth images  are supplied by NASA.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

They may, but highly unlikely they would distort to square shaped structures which are different to their surroundings. Not all the shafts are the same.

You could argue that if this image was supplied by somebody else, creating an image then you could think, yeah just photo shopped it to create a fake, but google earth images  are supplied by NASA.

Actually artefacts are very likely to have square edges, pretty sure you could find those same artefacts on a satellite image stitched together of any planet in the same way. Not that I know where I could find that (Earth's one is far more advanced). Mayybe the moon? Although the grey would not stand out as well. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Actually artefacts are very likely to have square edges, pretty sure you could find those same artefacts on a satellite image stitched together of any planet in the same way. Not that I know where I could find that (Earth's one is far more advanced). Mayybe the moon? Although the grey would not stand out as well. 

Nope, straight and square edges are one of the things we look for in geology, not found naturally in rock formations..........

26 minutes ago, toddy said:

Nope, straight and square edges are one of the things we look for in geology, not found naturally in rock formations..........

Yes, but they are created in image artefacts. that's the point. I don't think those "objects" are on the surface at all. 

3 hours ago, Highgate said:

I'd like to see those images, but basically you have two possibilities if the images are as striking as you say they are.  One that is that is a natural geological formation that just happens to look like something that has been constructed in a satellite image or secondly it's actually been made by an advanced alien species.  I think you'd have to say the former theory is the front runner at this point !

Ummm....like i said all along the images are clearly digital artefacts :ph34r:

In the youtube clip, i love that the guy says NASA have been clearly trying to airbrush the 'underground entrances' out, but he fails to explain why they do such an awful job at it.  You would think NASA could manage a bit of airbrushing.

The bloke's delivery in that video is excuciating. He sounds like some made evangelist preacher with mental health issues

It would have had a much wider appeal if he'd just stated the findings in a straight-forward manner and asked the question as to whether they ae digital artefact caused when stitching the images together, or potentially something much more strange and then asked for representatives from NASA and Google to review the video and make a statement.

But no - he had to jump straight to the conclusion that, not only are they real features on the planet, but also that there is some sort of conspiracy to cover them up. Duh

To spice up the forum can't we merge this thread with the one currently on the Pub and call it "I keep disappearing in strange openings on Mars"?

Photo Images often have grips.....black circles with white outlines on the corners, and black squares with white outlines halfway along each side to help when positioning and stitching them together

Looks like thats what these might have been.

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Photo Images often have grips.....black circles with white outlines on the corners, and black squares with white outlines halfway along each side to help when positioning and stitching them together

Looks like thats what these might have been.

Could you not have given this a 'Spoiler' alert ?

On 11 January 2016 at 13:43, toddy said:

I do like to do some investigating regarding UFO's,  the plant Mars and our Moon of course.

Using Google Earth and then clicking onto Google Mars, I found some very strange mechanical made shafts 6 or 7 of them, they are certainly not natural stone formations.........very odd.

Woohoo - Our very own in-forum nutter!

Just kidding, but I think these images have probably had every square inch studied and any evidence of life that they didn't want to announce to the public would be covered up much better than leaving 6 "shafts" on show.

I finally got chance to take a better look at this on Google Earth (Mars) and I can report that these are definitely digital artefacts from the stitching of the images

If you go to the first one that Toddy provides co-ordinates for in this thread, and then zoom out slightly you will see that it appears exactly on the edge of two stitched sections (the stitches are obvious from a distance as the shading is slightly different and forms a set of really long vertical strips.

If you then follow the stitch line upwards, there is another black square a bit higher up

The same for all the other ones in the video.

Ah well – not a subterranean martian civilisation after all!

Archived