The Fawaz Circus 2016

G STAR RAM

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we open the window again so you can buy some more players

thats what your missing, some more expensive buys. 

Buy buy buy

i seriously don't understand why you went doesn't the 'forest model' of trying to get in the premier league. You were set up for success now it's like watching us but with white shirts on. I can now see why you enjoyed watching our demise so much whilst spunking money hahahaha 

1 hour ago, stoners said:

Can we open the window again so you can buy some more players

thats what your missing, some more expensive buys. 

Buy buy buy

i seriously don't understand why you went doesn't the 'forest model' of trying to get in the premier league. You were set up for success now it's like watching us but with white shirts on. I can now see why you enjoyed watching our demise so much whilst spunking money hahahaha 

Thing is, i don't think it's the players tbh.

We are playing these players in wrong positions. Brad played on the left at Norwich, Blackmans a striker, he's played on the wing. Ince is a central att mid, played on the wing. Wiemann is a striker, played on the wing.

We have the players that cries out for 442 (mike bassett) but we seem to keep sticking with this 433 system which, for me is old hat now and needs changing.

Oh and it was windy :p

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Thing is, i don't think it's the players tbh.

We are playing these players in wrong positions. Brad played on the left at Norwich, Blackmans a striker, he's played on the wing. Ince is a central att mid, played on the wing. Wiemann is a striker, played on the wing.

We have the players that cries out for 442 (mike bassett) but we seem to keep sticking with this 433 system which, for me is old hat now and needs changing.

Oh and it was windy :p

I agree. No offence to our Forest friends on here, but the majority of our expensive buys look a lot better (on paper) than the likes of Djebbour, Abdoun, Wilson etc. it's just that we have an inexperienced manager who is using them wrong. He's been a number 2 to Ancelotti at some of the best attacking clubs in the world, yet he has a fetish for slow, defensive football now he's a number 1, frustrating!

18 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I agree. No offence to our Forest friends on here, but the majority of our expensive buys look a lot better (on paper) than the likes of Djebbour, Abdoun, Wilson etc. it's just that we have an inexperienced manager who is using them wrong. He's been a number 2 to Ancelotti at some of the best attacking clubs in the world, yet he has a fetish for slow, defensive football now he's a number 1, frustrating!

How much did those 3 cost combined. Probably less than Butterfield or Derby City Johnson. 

We've bought some dross over the years, but probably no more so than yourselves. 

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

How much did those 3 cost combined. Probably less than Butterfield or Derby City Johnson. 

We've bought some dross over the years, but probably no more so than yourselves. 

I don't disagree with you, but this season we've gone for proven Championship/Premiership players. They're just being used out of position and in a system that doesn't suit them. 

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

More than anything you need to sort out your defence. Shackell is past it, Keogh is an absolute liability and Buxton is a total donkey. I'd put any of our four ahead of yours. 

Bigger problem is the knife through butter syndrome we have. Lose the ball and we don't close anyone down or attempt to tackle until they're on the edge of our box. It's soft as ****.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

More than anything you need to sort out your defence. Shackell is past it, Keogh is an absolute liability and Buxton is a total donkey. I'd put any of our four ahead of yours. 

Then you've not watched us too many times this season. In recent weeks our defence has been poor, but for the most part it's been the best defence we've had for years. Keogh and Shackell are probably leading the way for our player of the season award at the minute with Christie not far behind. We lost Forsyth to injury and since Warnock stepped in he's probably been the most consistent player in the whole squad and now we've got Olsson to compete with him. 

We don't need to sort any individual positions out, we have the squad there to compete for the autos, it's just like I said, we have a very inexperienced manager who's unfortunately taken the spark out of our game. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Im not doubting the full backs, Forsyth always looks good when I see you guys play. Although every time you lose it seems to be Keogh making a tit of himself at the cost of the match. 

Yeah, he's been pretty poor recently and looked like his old self, an error waiting to happen, but for the most part this season he's cut out most of the silly mistakes and looks like a top Championship defender. He was rock solid again last night as was the whole defence (although it was only Preston). It just always seems to be when we're on TV he fecks up :lol:

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Tbh Dawnie thats a silly comment.

Until 4-5 games ago we had a solid defence, we wasn't conceding (think we had the 2nd best defence in the league)

all with shacks and keogh.

the 4-1 at burnley wasn't deserved, 2 own goals and 2 penno's (they were penos) so apart from that over the course of this season they have been an amazing partnership. As good as anything in this league and certainly better than yours as our 10 point gap proves.

Yes we have hit a bad patch, but everyone is not playing, you cannot single out the back 2. Bucko has been no where near this team this season so why mention him.

Archived