The Undertones 40th Anniversary 2016

Inverurie Ram

The Undertones 40th Anniversary

2016 is the 40th Anniversary of The Undertones and they are delighted to announce that they will be celebrating this anniversary with national and international live shows and some exciting releases. 

http://www.theundertones.com/_/Home.html

Just bought my ticket to go see them again. Up The Undertones.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

Shame,

They are a great live band, seen them 5 or 6 times.

Fast approaching 40, find myself stuck in a neverworld between the bands I grew up with splitting up and then reuniting for a quick buck, and the nagging feeling that I'm too old too be into any new bands that come along!

First song I can really remember liking was 'A good heart', it took me another decade to realise Fergal had a previous life with a fantastic band previously! 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Fast approaching 40, find myself stuck in a neverworld between the bands I grew up with splitting up and then reuniting for a quick buck, and the nagging feeling that I'm too old too be into any new bands that come along!

First song I can really remember liking was 'A good heart', it took me another decade to realise Fergal had a previous life with a fantastic band previously! 

Just embrace the nostalgia and if the missus doesn't like them go with your mates. Life's too short t listen to sh1te music.. 

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

2016 is the 40th Anniversary of The Undertones and they are delighted to announce that they will be celebrating this anniversary with national and international live shows and some exciting releases. 

Reveldevil, just have a peep at TPE, Can't stop. V2. Mr O'Neill at his best.

But, Inverurie, I'll be there, with my perfect cousin, chocolate, girls and most of all Norman :) 

If it was possible to wipe 'Teenage Kicks' out of existence I'd be more than bloody happy. I ******* hate that song the same way I hate Tainted Love -  it being the most well known and most covered (hideously, by some absolute ******* shitters of bands) song of theirs has permanently ruined my opinion of the band as a whole and left me with absolutely no desire to seek out the rest of their material.

I'm not being fair, I imagine if the only Proclaimers song I knew was 500 miles and the various awful covers I'd hate them too. I bloody love the proclaimers, despite it (and the Shrek song)

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

If it was possible to wipe 'Teenage Kicks' out of existence I'd be more than bloody happy. I ******* hate that song the same way I hate Tainted Love -  it being the most well known and most covered (hideously, by some absolute ******* shitters of bands) song of theirs has permanently ruined my opinion of the band as a whole and left me with absolutely no desire to seek out the rest of their material.

I'm not being fair, I imagine if the only Proclaimers song I knew was 500 miles and the various awful covers I'd hate them too. I bloody love the proclaimers, despite it (and the Shrek song)

Coconut ya giant nut!........some people want Lemon other people want Lime.

22 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I went to see them at Crystal Palace in 1983, supporting Peter Gabriel.along with the Thompson Twins.

They were about to split up due to 'musical differences' and It was billed as their last ever gig (on the British mainland) - clearly I was duped!

And the Thompson Twins weren't even twins.

3 minutes ago, Gladys' Handbag said:

I went to see them at Crystal Palace in 1983, supporting Peter Gabriel.along with the Thompson Twins.

They were about to split up due to 'musical differences' and It was billed as their last ever gig (on the British mainland) - clearly I was duped!

And the Thompson Twins weren't even twins.

Was Peter Gabriel an angel ?

Archived