DCFC Fans now using https

Day

22 hours ago, Daveo said:

It's only helped 1% off sites at the moment, like they say it's early days and rules can change and more weight maybe given to sites.....when Google start selling their own SSL certificates obviously. 

To be fair encryption should come as standard, like Sky trying to charge extra for HD channels

if you used adwords you would get more bang for your buck, both responsive design and SSL contribute to greater quality score...apparently :lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

if you used adwords you would get more bang for your buck, both responsive design and SSL contribute to greater quality score...apparently :lol:

Don't see how Adwords would help us to be honest, we have plenty of traffic already, not being arrogant but number one in Google, decent social media following

Google are like all tech, complete ***** who rip of there customer base, look at Nominet they are increasing wholesale pricing model for domains by 50% come March 2016, the crash and burning of the .uk extension has made them rethink there strategy well that and the lust for money, thank god I disposed of my domain portfolio.

37 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Google are like all tech, complete ***** who rip of there customer base, look at Nominet they are increasing wholesale pricing model for domains by 50% come March 2016, the crash and burning of the .uk extension has made them rethink there strategy well that and the lust for money, thank god I disposed of my domain portfolio.

I've always thought domains were sold too cheaply anyhow, should be £100 per year at least, also the .uk take up was never going to be overnight

35 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I've always thought domains were sold too cheaply anyhow, should be £100 per year at least, also the .uk take up was never going to be overnight

that would have cost me £195k per annum :angry:, many domainers crashed when google decided to roll out the panda/penguin updates, no warning...I lost almost everything, now look at the state of google and the one page unregulated wonders littering top search results, hence why your missus was stung with that Pandora site.

Google and Nominet should hang their head in shame, i don't know if anybody remembers when we used to send transfer papers to Nominet (showing my age) and the same fee applied when it became automated online.

we fought so, so hard for Nominet to forget the .uk extension and we had it set aside twice but greed prevailed.

54 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

that would have cost me £195k per annum :angry:, many domainers crashed when google decided to roll out the panda/penguin updates, no warning...I lost almost everything, now look at the state of google and the one page unregulated wonders littering top search results, hence why your missus was stung with that Pandora site.

Google and Nominet should hang their head in shame, i don't know if anybody remembers when we used to send transfer papers to Nominet (showing my age) and the same fee applied when it became automated online.

we fought so, so hard for Nominet to forget the .uk extension and we had it set aside twice but greed prevailed.

What are you doing with the domains, squatting? Buying for a fiver then sticking them up for sale for a grand? The initial registration should be much higher, £100, then renewals much cheaper like £10 a year. 

.uk makes sense to me, a lot of countries have a short 2 or 3 character extension, the .co.uk made no sense.

The greed comes not with that but with all these new and what will be confusing extensions like .hotel .city .plumber may as well scrap them all together now and just go with a one word name 

50 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Is the uploads directory where that screenshot is served from a different virtual directory that isn't being protected by the certificate?

Same server, same location as all other images that are uploaded, not sure how or why it can recognise what's a screenshot. Looking on the support forum it's the same over there, odd one really

22 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm not asking him Angie, I think I've driven him round the bend lately with my lack of know how. :lol:

You've got me wondering though if the padlock should be open or shut, I'm clueless. old-01.gif

He'll spot this, if we're patient. 

It's a good thing, it means whatever you type from your keyboard into this website is now more secure and encrypted. So whilst things like passwords stored on the server were already encrypted, anything you type in cannot be intercepted by any virus or whatever these geeks use.

You will notice all banks and shopping sites where you type in your personal details will also have the padlock, although some will be Green. 

If you see a Green one these are slightly different, they also encrypt all your data but it's also a trust thing, they have had company checks, provided proof they are who they say they are etc.

You should never enter any personal details, debit card, bank accounts etc. into any site that doesn't have a padlock.

15 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Should be closed, if you clear your cookies Angie you should see it close

Thanks, have done that and done a restart but no change. When I click on the icon it gives an explanation (which it won't let me copy and paste) about the identity of this website not being verified. 

I'm not too worried about that as I just think it's my browser being poncy! 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, have done that and done a restart but no change. When I click on the icon it gives an explanation (which it won't let me copy and paste) about the identity of this website not being verified. 

I'm not too worried about that as I just think it's my browser being poncy! 

Is it unlocked on every page?

Archived