Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sounds like one or two may owe Bris an apology?

We'll see... I don't count anything until it comes officially from the club... I mean I don't feel like I owe him an apology or anything but will give him some props for being right on this one if it happens...

Would consider it a bit disruptive to make a signing the day of a game though... Have we done that in the past?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't understand this move if true, I believe in a small squad that plays week in, week out, if you look at Burnley and they are more than likely going to field the same team for the fifth game in a row, No side has used fewer players than Burnley in the second tier this season (22), having good players on the bench and not in the first team altogether effects moral, do we need cover for Warnock, Forsyth and Max Lowe?

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We'll see... I don't count anything until it comes officially from the club... I mean I don't feel like I owe him an apology or anything but will give him some props for being right on this one if it happens...

Would consider it a bit disruptive to make a signing the day of a game though... Have we done that in the past?

Yes Bywater  ..........    he was signed before the 12.30? deadline and appeared out of the blue and kept goal.............. !!

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

In Lambert's most recent comment where does he say it's Derby? He refers to an issue that was ongoing before he joined Blackburn but again where does it say it was us?

I hope we do get a left back in - Warnock needs a backup but too many people are reading in to comments what they want to see happening and not what is actually being said!

Paul Wheelock , Blackkburn Rovers reporter on the Lancashire Telegraph is today saying it IS Derby County he is signing for........later in the week  .

58 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

don't understand this move if true, I believe in a small squad that plays week in, week out, if you look at Burnley and they are more than likely going to field the same team for the fifth game in a row, No side has used fewer players than Burnley in the second tier this season (22), having good players on the bench and not in the first team altogether effects moral, do we need cover for Warnock, Forsyth and Max Lowe?

46 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Yes - the latter two are injured.

He has a point...

Also, Warnock is 34, how many more seasons does he have left where he can compete to a high standard? No harm bringing in some healthy competition while our other 2 left backs are out injured. Olsson is only 27 so could be seen as a long term replacement for Warnock who may well retire or move on soon. Giving Marcus half a season to settle could be benficial if he's deemed capable to be our first choice LB for the coming seasons, regardless of divison.

£750k seems very reasonable for a player Blackburn voted their player of the season last campaign by the way...

Say Warnock got injured tonight, it's reassuring to know we won't be forced to play Baird at LB!   :lol:

6 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

yes correct but Warnock is fine, max isn't far off recovery and we have utility cover that can play in that position.

Max seems to be a lot further away than people think.... warnock has been ok but need another in there.... and no not baird.... not the answer

11 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

yes correct but Warnock is fine, max isn't far off recovery and we have utility cover that can play in that position.

There's a bit too much "yes, but"  in there for me. Warnock is at the age where he picks up knocks easily and quite frankly, we have been extremely lucky with him up to this point. Utility players are there to do a job for the odd game or when injuries really bite, but we don't want Baird playing there for an extended period of time.

Max Lowe has been "not far off" for the entire time we've lost Forsyth. You're either available or you're not.

While that remains the case, I think having only one fit LB who's 34 is playing with fire.

I agree that we've signed too many players but I'd have thought this is the one signing that no one could complain about - helping out a player in his mid-thirties by signing someone else who can play there is hardly a case of indulging ourselves.

maybe its time for Baird and Shotton to leave the fold, I am always concerned when you employ a former POTY of a competitor and then he sits on the bench, this is my only concern really having too many players for each position and causing discord within the ranks.

Just now, LesterRam said:

maybe its time for Baird and Shotton to leave the fold, I am always concerned when you employ a former POTY of a competitor and then he sits on the bench, this is my only concern really having too many players for each position and causing discord within the ranks.

It is worth noting that the dependable Warnock, who has served as back-up to Forsyth for over a year now, joined us as a former POTY of a competitor and has sat on the bench for a lot of that time.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

Obviously how they train and play for us matters more than anything but he's certainly no better on paper than Warnock. Having said that, he's playing a worse team and so stats would be skewed against him (in most cases). 

In the summer we'll have 3 LB's all capable of starting for us (4 if Lowe steps up but I won't assume that) and I'm not convinced any will be at a level that means we're confident in them if we got promoted. 

Not one to judge signings until they've moved on really, and if we do sign him then fair enough but on the face of it I don't fully understand it. But then I don't work in football. 

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It is worth noting that the dependable Warnock, who has served as back-up to Forsyth for over a year now, joined us as a former POTY of a competitor and has sat on the bench for a lot of that time.

yes I was going to put that about Warnock and that's my point, too many good players not playing for the first team, I personally think the squad is too large to manage.

I dont understand all these "the squads too big comments" whats that got to do with the left back position where we only have one 34 year old steady eddy? Yes the likes of shotton and baird need moving on but we need a left back as we only have one available.... really puzzled by some comments on this one

Warnocks a good player who got off to a bad start ,however we need someone to get up and down the wing like Fozzie did ,we have missed that since he's been out .

If we go up or miss out there needs to be a big clear out at the end of the season ,I think most people forget that the biggest outlay was because Will and Craig got injured early doors .Can't fault us for getting the replacements in, possibly paid too much though.

31 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Good choice they would be first out the door for me.

17 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Warnocks a good player who got off to a bad start ,however we need someone to get up and down the wing like Fozzie did ,we have missed that since he's been out .

If we go up or miss out there needs to be a big clear out at the end of the season ,I think most people forget that the biggest outlay was because Will and Craig got injured early doors .Can't fault us for getting the replacements in, possibly paid too much though.

Is Warnocks a vodka from Warrington? Is it any good?

35 minutes ago, philmycock said:

And they can take Bent, Ince, Weimann and Pearce with them

What a ridiculous statement, Ince has been key to us winning some games this season, while Weimann and Bent have been bit-time players at best. Pearce who has just been loaned out hasn't even had a look in due to the form of our current CB pairing, is very good cover.

All those players have quality but only Ince has played consistently (and at times has showed us what he's capable of if inconsistent at times).

Bent, Weimann and Pearce are all great cover players, which are often integral to a squad as injuries are fairly common these days. We saw what Bent can do at the end of last season, 10 goals in 15 games I think. Weimann has been played out of position and Pearce hasn't played at all. Why would you get rid of them?

Archived