It's been a great week for...

WestKentRam

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anon said:

Lingard is a bit of a stretch. I doubt he got as much game time as Man United were hoping when he was here.

Thought Lingard was utterly useless in his time here, but there seemed to be an agreement that he always played when fit. I couldn't see any other reason to have his name on the team sheet. He was one of those who makes a strong argument for not having loans.

I agree with the above about the different players' times at Derby, but it felt good to see them all in the headlines this week.

My memories are:

Ibe came on well during his spell, taking on players down the left, cutting in and smashing belters. Gutted when he was recalled by Brendan Rogers seemingly leaving us short when he was on fire just before the Forest home game, that then coincided with our 'rough patch' from thereon.

Butland seemed quiet without great communication at the back, perhaps as a loanee keeper he didn't feel he could boss the back four including captain around, but he made some great saves and gained us some points.

Lingard alas didn't impress, but his appearances were in the infamous time in the latter third of the season.

Lingard didn't impress here. Just have a look at his stats. Turns 23 next month and has only played 58 games in his club career. Man U fans that think they are onto a winner will soon discover they aren't. Ibe has never looked as good as he did when he was with us. Rodgers was wrong to recall him and Klopp needs to let him go out on loan somewhere and play football. An appearance here and there is not enough for the lad. 

Premier League isn't the same, whilst Lingard didn't really impress at Derby I wouldn't write him off, 23 he's still a baby. Man United fans have seen plenty of players come through their ranks over the years, if they rate him, if Van Gaal is playing him, I really wouldn't argue against that. 

Have to disagree on Ibe as well, the best place for him now is under Klopp where he will learn far more than going out on loan,

Klopp "It’s not my work that he is the player he is in this moment. But he needs our help and we need him. That is the truth." 

He's been involved in all but one game since he arrived, wouldn't be surprised to see him start again tonight

v Spurs came on 87 minutes
v Rubin Kazan on the bench
v Southampton came on 83 minutes
v Bournemouth played full 90
v Chelsea came on 76 minutes
v Rubin Kazan played full 90 scoring the winner

Hughes is a foetus when you think he could have another 15 years ahead of him. Drogba didn't sign his first professional contract till 21 years old, Charlie Austin was playing non league part time when he was 20, 23 he was in the Prem. Careers can rocket instantly in the right team, under the right manager. 

25 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Hughes is a foetus when you think he could have another 15 years ahead of him. Drogba didn't sign his first professional contract till 21 years old, Charlie Austin was playing non league part time when he was 20, 23 he was in the Prem. Careers can rocket instantly in the right team, under the right manager. 

Exactly, just look at Vardy now who was playing non-league football a few years ago and now is the top scorer in the Prem. 

Archived