1 Brighton 11 7 25
2 Reading 11 10 21
3 Middlesbrough 11 10 21
4 Birmingham 11 7 21
5 Burnley 11 5 21
6 Derby 11 7 20
7 Hull 11 6 19
8 Cardiff 11 3 17

Early days, of course, I can't help but think the experience of the last couple of seasons is really going to help us this season as we continue to click under Clement.  If I look at the top 8 at present, I am not convinced many of them have the staying power over the duration of the season, despite strong starts to the campaign.

From that lot, arguably Boro are in a similar position to us, having had Wembley heartache and a bolstered squad in the pre-season. 

I cannot see Brighton, Birmingham nor Reading keeping up their form for the next 30 games - especially if a couple of injuries hit.

Hull are a bit hit and miss, but certainly have the quality within the squad to trouble us.  Whilst Burnley have the core of their squad from their Premier League stint, I am not sure it has the quality to push top 2. 

Simplistic, optimistic and there to be shot down, but...  dare to dream?  Thoughts? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Brighton 11 7 25
2 Reading 11 10 21
3 Middlesbrough 11 10 21
4 Birmingham 11 7 21
5 Burnley 11 5 21
6 Derby 11 7 20
7 Hull 11 6 19
8 Cardiff 11 3 17

Early days, of course, I can't help but think the experience of the last couple of seasons is really going to help us this season as we continue to click under Clement.  If I look at the top 8 at present, I am not convinced many of them have the staying power over the duration of the season, despite strong starts to the campaign.

From that lot, arguably Boro are in a similar position to us, having had Wembley heartache and a bolstered squad in the pre-season. 

I cannot see Brighton, Birmingham nor Reading keeping up their form for the next 30 games - especially if a couple of injuries hit.

Hull are a bit hit and miss, but certainly have the quality within the squad to trouble us.  Whilst Burnley have the core of their squad from their Premier League stint, I am not sure it has the quality to push top 2. 

Simplistic, optimistic and there to be shot down, but...  dare to dream?  Thoughts? 

I remember a common theme over the last couple of seasons but insert Burnley and Bournemouth.

the good news, I think, is that the likes of Hughton, Rowett and Karanka could possibly be poached by other clubs and end up ruining the seasons of their respective club.

Lets start Karanka for Newcastle rumour now so their fans go into meltdown like you lot did!

Archived