December Sky Fixtures Announced 1600

Walsall_Ram

The longer it goes without an announcement of a move for the d*rties game, the more hopeful I'll become that we'll be playing them on their second match in two days. Are Sam and Mel playing hardball and resisting a move of the fixture over the Chrismas period when our fans have built their schedules around this match? Hope so...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The longer it goes without an announcement of a move for the d*rties game, the more hopeful I'll become that we'll be playing them on their second match in two days. Are Sam and Mel playing hardball and resisting a move of the fixture over the Chrismas period when our fans have built their schedules around this match? Hope so...

It will change... But as you say we're going to be coming at it from a strong position. 

Leeds - game will move. There are official rules around the difference in gaps around games. Problem here is finding an agreed date with the police signing it off - a rearranged game will mean an evening game.

Onto Wednesday away, I've been doing some research. They have eight categories of game - ridiculous in itself. Forest in a few weeks has been classed as E which means £30 for away fans. I think our game without sky would have been E, D or C, which would have been 30/33/36 respectively.

There are rules around ticket pricing in itself, Derby had to gain special permission to use the completely pointless dynamic pricing (Dynamic should only work if you actually sell the ground out), and eight categories is a farce.

With Sky moving the game now, I imagine it will be category E so £30. We complain about Sky but for everyone saying it's an away day ruined, just how many of you have Sky Sports? I imagine 80% at least so we are all to blame really. I'd just glad I won't be lining the pockets of another club fleecing their fans.

We complain about Sky but for everyone saying it's an away day ruined, just how many of you have Sky Sports? I imagine 80% at least so we are all to blame really. 

Not me.

I feckin hate SKY, I'd rather give my money to Wednesday.

With Sky moving the game now, I imagine it will be category E so £30. We complain about Sky but for everyone saying it's an away day ruined, just how many of you have Sky Sports? I imagine 80% at least so we are all to blame really. I'd just glad I won't be lining the pockets of another club fleecing their fans.

Yeah I think you're way off with 80%!  Less than 40% of households have sky at all and only a certain percentage of them will have Sky Sports with that.

https://ukfree.tv/article/1107052089

But we're on a football forum, it's a different case when you consider that. I'd say 60/70% of people here. I personally don't though.

I've never really thought it would make a huge difference, I've always considered Sky subs to be TV-focussed rather than football fans (or people with money burning holes in their pockets!).

Maybe time for a poll?!

I've never really thought it would make a huge difference, I've always considered Sky subs to be TV-focussed rather than football fans (or people with money burning holes in their pockets!).

Maybe time for a poll?!

I'm interested in this one as well actually, give me 2 minutes and see you in football talk

Archived