Pay up Pompey

vicky-27

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the BBC;

Portsmouth are likely to have "no alternative" but to close on 10 August unless senior players agree to transfers or wage cuts.

Joint administrator Trevor Birch said: "The facts are straightforward: the players have to leave and conclude compromise settlements."

The club, who have seven senior players left on their books, are due to start their League One campaign on 18 August.

Ive never been one to post on here about "sources" even though ive had some info that turned out to be true but i didnt disclose it (didnt disclose it, ha give me a job appleby) , anyway my boss who from pompey and is friends with with a member of the board at pompey told him yesterday that the fee for Varney from Leeds came straight to us

• 2 weeks later...
Portsmouth defender Tal Ben Haim has reached a compromise deal over his wages and has left the stricken club.

The departure of Ben Haim was the last major stumbling block in the club's attempts to avoid liquidation.

Administrator Trevor Birch had said the club would close on 10 August unless all the senior players left.

"I am pleased to announce that we have reached a compromise agreement with Tal Ben Haim, who will now leave the club," Birch said in a statement.

Only midfielder Liam Lawrence remains but he is a target for Cardiff City, while Kanu has left but is still seeking compensation over unpaid wages. That dispute will be settled by a Football League tribunal.

Lawrence has also previously said he would come to a compromise over his wages if the club could not move him on before 10 August.

"We expect to make an announcement on Liam Lawrence's future later today [Thursday] and, whilst the situation with Kanu has not yet been resolved, we are cautiously optimistic about our prospects," added Birch.

With Ben Haim gone and just Lawrence remaining, prospective buyers Portpin (former owner Balram Chainrai's company) can now start the process of bringing the club out of administration via a company voluntary arrangement (CVA).

Creditors have already agreed Chainrai's offer of two pence in the pound, while the Pompey Supporters Trust are also hopeful of taking control of the club.

They will find out on Thursday if Portsmouth City Council will loan them £1.45m to help with their £2.75m offer to Chainrai for the club.

"The progress that we have made over the past 24 hours means that there is now a much better prospect of meeting the conditions of the CVA, completing the sale of the club and avoiding liquidation," said Birch.

"As a result, we will now push on with our negotiations with Portpin, with a view to finalising a deal in the next few days.

"There is still more to do, and the club's future is not yet guaranteed. But we're in a stronger position and will now take some additional time to try to conclude matters."

Ben Haim had been on wages of £36,000 a week and his departure is a major boost to the financially-troubled club.

He had accused administrators of trying to bully him into a compromise deal, adding if the club were to fold they would have "blood on their hands".

The 30-year-old had claimed to have lost in excess of £2m since joining in 2009 but said on Tuesday there was just a £300,000 shortfall between the parties.

Once Lawrence leaves and the club comes out of administration, Pompey manager Michael Appleton can start the process of bringing in new players.

He has currently been playing triallists and youth team players in pre season, and some of these will be offered full time contracts at the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19192252

Ben Haim on £30,000+ per week. quoted by the BBC

If anybody ever compares us Pompey again I'm gonna find out where they live, drive my dog to their house every single time it needs a dump and let it in their garden.

Nothing like Portsmouth

Nothing like Rangers

It drives me mad.

Trevor Birch, PKF partner and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, has released the following

statement:

“I realise that many supporters are concerned about the size of the squad ahead of the start of the new season.

“I’ve been working with Michael Appleton and the coaches to ensure that we have enough players to start the campaign, regardless of what happens off the pitch over the next few days.

“If a new owner is not in place shortly, then we will use a combination of players from the development squad and players signed on non-contracts [effectively short-term deals].

"We’re also talking to the Football League to see if there’s any additional support that they can give us until the ownership situation is resolved.

“This is not an ideal situation, but we’re doing as much as we can in incredibly difficult circumstances.”

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-3592.aspx

Hope the FL tell them to feck orf!

So much for 'wanting to talk just about football again' eh, but then again if the man at the head of the Portpin bid to 'reluctantly' regain control of Portsmouth Football Club is so disinterested in the footballing side of things how the hell can you talk football!!!

I think it is pretty safe to say that most know Balram Chainrai would be far from the head of my Christmas card list, I have little to no time for the guy...

The latest draggings on of Portpin's 'takeover' are doing little to enhance my fondness of him.

Do me a favour, all this rubbish about 'investing the money he saves' into Pompey should the administrators 'reduce their fees' is nonsense, surely there are not many who genuinely believe he will do this!

As per my thoughts yesterday I, in some ways, understand his thoughts regarding the administrators and how maybe they need to take a look at the fees they will bring in from a financially ruined 'organisation' but at the end of the day Portpin KNEW admin fees would be incurred when they agreed to takeover again, 'if' certain conditions laid down by them were met...

These were met! Met with the dismantling of our 'squad'.

We literally cannot get rid of anyone else as every senior 1st [size=1]team[/size][size=1] [/size][size=1]player[/size] has gone, as per their - and to be fair - The PST's request. Of course that squad was unsustainable financially at this, championship and 'maybe' even premier league level for a club like ours.

Now today we hear, according to The News, that 'the budget' that Portpin are prepared to invest is to be cut from £4m to £1.5m?

In all honesty I think that a £4m budget is excessive!

Whilst £1.5m, in the modern game, does not sounds a lot, albeit 'tight' is probably achievable as a league one club - but more to the point WHY was a £4m playing budget offered if it was not being given? Even more to the point why was £4m on offer anyway, as that is not sustainable for PFC anyway is it!

Not only has the budget been 'slashed' it is said that Portpin have no plans to retain an academy set-up!?

How the hell can you plan for a future when what is meant to be the future is not even going to be in place!

Quite clearly BC has no interest in owning this club so instead of threatening to walk away lets just see him walk away - I did not want him to takeover, and still do not want him to takeover, and if he does I am amazed how anyone can think we have 'a future' under his ownership...

Maybe The PST, as many people feel, could not 'pull it off' but I know I would sure as hell be run by people that genuinely want this club to have a long-term future than those that have no interest in anything bar clawing back as much as they can before kicking us to touch.

I wonder if I (well we) can ever get back to just enjoying football again...

PLAY UP POMPEY!

[url=http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=289817#ixzz23Qyxhtzk]http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=289817#ixzz23Qyxhtzk

Pompey have signed goalkeeper Simon Eastwood on non-contract terms.

The 23-year-old is eligible to play in Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup clash with Plymouth at Home Park.

Eastwood has been training with Pompey for the past month and featured in friendlies against Gibraltar, Bolton and AFC Wimbledon.

Blues boss Michael Appleton said: “Obviously we need a goalkeeper and Simon has been playing in the pre-season games for us.

“It’s on a non-contract basis, so it could be ripped up at any time, but hopefully in the future we’ll be looking at giving him a contract.”

Eastwood came through the ranks at Huddersfield – where he had loan spells at Woking and Bradford – and spent last season at Conference North side Halifax.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Pompey-Sign-Eastwood-3593.aspx

I would be very interested to hear how much the administrator is charging.

1.85m chanrai wants them to drop and delay some charges aswell like the players had to remember reading this the other day but can't remember where from

How can a non contract be ripped up at any time?

No wonder they can't run a piss up in a brewery.

Wrong term of phase.

Non-contract is the club holds his registration, but can let him go at a drop of a hat, but any other clubs can put "7 days" in for the player, which basically means the player can move to the other club (if he wants to go) 7 days after Pompey have been made aware of it and Pompey can't stop it (apart from offering him more money to stay)

Ive never been one to post on here about "sources" even though ive had some info that turned out to be true but i didnt disclose it (didnt disclose it, ha give me a job appleby) , anyway my boss who from pompey and is friends with with a member of the board at pompey told him yesterday that the fee for Varney from Leeds came straight to us

I'm pretty sure that all funds are transferred to the Football League and they then distribute the funds wherever they are due. I'm not sure if there is an order of priority when it comes to distributing the funds or not.

I think he's a cubt who knew the administrators fees, said he would buy the club if they offloaded the players.

I don't think he expected that to happen and then it would have been the players fault.

I like the bit about selling the club to avoid liquidation and saving it (after almost killing it)

[size=6]Chainrai withdraws Pompey bid[/size]

[size=6]League One club now in danger of liquidation[/size]

[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7990365/Chainrai-withdraws-Pompey-bid]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7990365/Chainrai-withdraws-Pompey-bid

About time they were liquidated I don't want to see it happen i'll feel sorry for the fans but at least it'll serve as a warning to other clubs to play by the rules.

Archived