10) David Silva-Man city

11) Matic-Chelsea

12) Koke-Atletico

13) Godin-Atletico

14) Bonucci-Juventus

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luongo? How the hell did he get there, not saying he's a bad player but he's no way near other nominees caliber, I mean he played last season in league 1 for christs sake!

it's a joke that key members of Barca's treble team like pique,busquets and alba aren't on there. Ospina instead of buffon too 

Right, I've been looking into this and here are my findings, you are voted for by your performance on the pitch and behaviour on and off the pitch. Each manager and captain from each country get's to choose their top 3 but it's all a load of ****** as Messi won't vote for Ronaldo and vice verser, both just choose their team mates, same as Kompany who will vote for his bum chums. Journalists also get a vote which will be why Ronaldo and Messi are always the top 2. Don't get me wrong but isn't Messi in trouble for not paying his taxes and the vote is for off the pitch behaviour? 

And then you have Roy Hodgson who thought last years player of the year was Javier Mascherano.

Basically it's all totally pointless and the nominations are just as stupid as the players votes. 

I think it is based on international form more than anything, but nominations mean nothing as it is only between 2 people. 

This.  Despite not playing for top clubs, players of other nationalities often perform above themselves when playing for their country.  That is why there are players that have struggled to impress in the Premier League on the list.

Luongo? How the hell did he get there, not saying he's a bad player but he's no way near other nominees caliber, I mean he played last season in league 1 for christs sake!

Was a standout and deservedly the player of the tournament at the Asian Cup earlier in the year, and the Ballon d'Or is voted by international players and coaches. 

The original post is a huge stretch as well, you can't complain about Gary Medel or Willian then ask why Douglas Costa or Evra aren't on it. 

Was a standout and deservedly the player of the tournament at the Asian Cup earlier in the year, and the Ballon d'Or is voted by international players and coaches. 

The original post is a huge stretch as well, you can't complain about Gary Medel or Willian then ask why Douglas Costa or Evra aren't on it. 

Douglas costa has been the best signing in europe this season. Already got about 13 assists this season and evra was a key player in juventus' run to the champions league final,almost winning a treble

Douglas costa has been the best signing in europe this season. Already got about 13 assists this season and evra was a key player in juventus' run to the champions league final,almost winning a treble

This season is a couple of months old, and Ballon d'Or is for the entire year. Of the player you felt shouldn't be on there, there were plenty you could make far stronger arguments for than Evra. 

Archived