The Last 20 Minutes

Kernow

They do it because it's largely effective against 90% of sides in this league, and they don't just do it to us. Plenty of managers appear to agree with me. 

I'm not saying it's not effective, but you have to set the rest of the team up to match.  The teams that sit deep tend to play more direct - and I'm not saying playing hoofball, just moving the ball from back to front quickly and then playing from there, rather than slowly building from the back.  We don't have the squad to play direct - Martin is far better with the ball played into his feet, not his chest or head, and the rest of out forwards don't hold the ball up at all.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we got the win but yet again the performance over the 90 was dire, against a better team we would have conceded a hat full by HT!

They lost because they couldn't put the ball away we had a couple of chances and put 3 away.

The game changed on 68 minutes with Hendricks coming on, a tactical masterpiece? No, I don't think so, otherwise we would have been so poor for 68 mins.

Take the 3 pts, but I am still unconvinced Clement knows what he is doing..........

I think the last 20 minutes was more about their mentality than ours. I don't even think we were that good in that last 20. We simply started finding our passes and moving off the ball. Any form of football would have looked great in comparison to the absolute tosh that we played for the first 70 minutes.

How anyone can say we deserved to win is beyond me. We were second best by a country mile for much of the game and I don't care whether football is about taking chances. We were rubbish and that is worrying. Let's not forget that we were playing one of the weaker teams in this division.

I've read on here that we improved second half. Well for the first 10 minutes of the second half, I'm not sure what PC said to the team but we were actually even worse than the non existent football of the first half. It was probably the worst and most disjointed I have seen us play since 'that season' in the top flight.

They were by far the more superior team in all but the most important stat, the goals but we were very, very lucky.

How Ince can be voted MOTM is beyond me. He was awful and has failed to put in any kind of performance since we paid that ridiculously over the odds price for him.

Baird got the stick but played no worse than Butterfield, Martin, Ince, Warnock, Russell, Warnock to name but five. Granted Warnock had an assist, Russell hit their woodwork, Ince scored  etc, etc. Folks on here have to single out one player and Baird is the easy target given his age and the fact that he's our utility man. 

Clement needs to find a system that suits these players as many are regressing under his management.

Baird got the stick but played no worse than Butterfield, Martin, Ince, Warnock, Russell, Warnock to name but five. Granted Warnock had an assist, Russell hit their woodwork, Ince scored  etc, etc. Folks on here have to single out one player and Baird is the easy target given his age and the fact that he's our utility man. 

It seems that way. Perhaps it's a subconscious thing.

Archived