UK Holiday Recommendations

Day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From M1 North: Leave M1 at junction 28, taking A38 towards Derby. Branch off onto A610 (signposted Matlock) and take this road to Ambergate. At junction with A6 turn left (signposted Derby). In Belper take A517 (signposted Ashbourne). In Ashbourne follow signs for A515 towards Buxton. Sandybrook Country Park is one mile out of town on the right hand side, just past the turn on the left towards Thorpe and Dovedale.

You can pick Boycie up on the way and post pics of you both in the hot tub.

<shudder>

Loads to see in this country.

Name any Spanish resort and I can tell you what it's like.

Sea, beach, row of bars and restaurants, English bars full of overweight vest wearing Heron food shoppers eating eggs on chips. Lucky lucky on the street selling genuine Rolex watches for 20 euros, can also have a caricature whilst you wait for 20 euros.

Stray cats and dogs running around, the sound of horns as cars do what the **** they like. 

Swimming pools at all inclusive hotels full of crusty skinned men and women bloated on fizzy cheap watered down lager saying this is the life.

Most English people have the same opinion of Spain Daveo,but if you get away from the coast and see the true Spain you might be surprised,though you need to speak Spanish.Cities like Seville,Jerez and my favourite Santiago de Compostella,even Malaga in the old city near the Cathedral on a Saturday night is a true experience.I have never missed Skegness at all,let the Yorkies have that.Regards

Best beach for dogs is Holkham Beach in Norfolk, stop at Wells nest the sea or...

Bamburgh Beach in Northumberland, stop in Berwick or Seahouses or Craster. 

Plenty to do in both places.

If you don't want to go that far, try the Whitby area, Robin Hoods Bay, Runswick Bay...top places.

Thought Holkham beach was full of Nudists

August 12 next year £1100, 7days for six people .

About the same that I booked would be in August, crazy amount for a UK holiday really. Have a long weekend off in August but prices like these put me off doing anything, especially when it costs a fortune whilst you're away with food and drink

Archived