Solid start to the season

Albert

Bolton aside, the league performances have warranted more than 4 points.

To look at last seasons results against those teams..

Bolton (A) Won last year, -2

Charlton (H) Won last year, -2

Boro (H) Lost last year, +1

Brum (A) Won last year, -2

So we're 5 points down.

Birmingham are a better team than they were last December. Charlton have also improved, and we were poor against Bolton, and arguably, they've improved too. Boro looked about the same, but they look like they'll be competing at the top.

Save for some dreadful bad luck, hitting the woodwork, finger tip saves - we could, perhaps should, be better off.

I'm not worried, we've had 3 key midfielders injured in a gelling team, and not looked any worse for it.

whilst I agree with your assessment of the opposition teams the point of comparing which I obviously failed to make is that we also believe we have improved our side relative to last season. 

Hence we should in my view have a tinge of disappointment with our return so far 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whilst I agree with your assessment of the opposition teams the point of comparing which I obviously failed to make is that we also believe we have improved our side relative to last season. 

Hence we should in my view have a tinge of disappointment with our return so far 

Improved the defence definitely, improved the attack arguably, lost the entire midfield to everything from assault and battery to halitosis.

I guess here is as good a place as any.PC did an interview today with Radio Derby about our style of play:

Derby County head coach Paul Clement says they will continue to play attractive football despite failing to win a league game this season.

The Rams have drawn all four Championship matches in 2015-16.

Clement told BBC Radio Derby: "Whatever system you have seen us play, we still maintain a similar style.

We build from the back and try and create our chances from possession of the ball, rather than a direct knock-down, second ball mentality."

"The style is the generic thing and systems are the layer below that," Clement added.

"We have shown we can play good football in all the systems and we can create chances.

"What we want to do though is play winning football, it's about winning football games.

"I believe this is the best way to play for us, based on the players that we have.

"I think it is an enjoyable way to play. It's an exciting style. It's an attractive way for the supporters to watch their team play.

"If I didn't think I had the players to do it, I wouldn't do it."

its all that 9% head -banging belgian lager eddie.

You haven't been sharing your pre season stash I hope :D

The Memsahib half-inched a couple of bottles of Westmalle Tripel last week.

I handed over the divorce papers yesterday.

The team is definitely more solid and organised than last year. Despite that, and notwithstanding our terrible luck, I still think there was a lot of sloppy play against Birmingham.  The amount of times we passed directly to the opposition was easily in double figures and when we got into good attacking positions we either took the wrong option or misplaced tbe shot/pass. Still think it'll come right soon though, just need a bit more sharpness in general. Hopefully Leeds will be on the receiving end. COYR!!

I guess here is as good a place as any.PC did an interview today with Radio Derby about our style of play:

Derby County head coach Paul Clement says they will continue to play attractive football despite failing to win a league game this season.

The Rams have drawn all four Championship matches in 2015-16.

Clement told BBC Radio Derby: "Whatever system you have seen us play, we still maintain a similar style.

We build from the back and try and create our chances from possession of the ball, rather than a direct knock-down, second ball mentality."

"The style is the generic thing and systems are the layer below that," Clement added.

"We have shown we can play good football in all the systems and we can create chances.

"What we want to do though is play winning football, it's about winning football games.

"I believe this is the best way to play for us, based on the players that we have.

"I think it is an enjoyable way to play. It's an exciting style. It's an attractive way for the supporters to watch their team play.

"If I didn't think I had the players to do it, I wouldn't do it."

Boo, AR out, not like you to be a lazy linker!

It's entirely like me to expect a link though! ;)

Its a good start to season for me, yes we havent got a win yet, but there are a lot of positices.

- we are defending solidly, the deflected goals and lack of luck wont last forever.

-we are dominating possession, yes we arent using it to full effect but we are getting better.

-we are making a lot of chances, granted they arent all going in yet, but with the attacking force that we have at our disposal, they will come, especially once we get a few goals and some confidence behind us.

We seem to have traded off our abysmal defensive performances at the end of last season with our ability to score goals result looks net net at the moment. As for Clement bring under pressure he looked very uncomfortable every time the camera panned to him looked like he's feeling it a bit already 

Can't agree with that last part, only seen a few interviews on Sky but from what I can see he looks relatively relaxed. I don't think he's feeling any pressure at all, only pressure is coming from outside media as the majority of Rams fans seem prepared to give him time considering the injury situation and the way performances have been improving in the last 3 games. 

To be fair I expected 7 out of 12 at least.

I'm not worried thoe with us creating chances and getting better attacking i'm positive. What I do like is how fit our players are or it could be the other team knackering them selfs out.

With teams closing us down it leaves them free to attack late second half from what I have seen as they get tired. The good thing is I don't feel like we're going to concede every attack they make I have confidence in the back four for once.

The goals are lucky so far we just need that bit of luck sometimes imo.

Archived