Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

23 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

My grandma would have scored the one Ameobi has just missed, pathetic.

wi' a stick o' celery.

Oh sorry, that's Geoff Boycott's mum scoring one of her many centuries.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Prefer a Boro win, see how Brighton bounce back from defeat, hopefully knocks their confidence a bit 

Make sure you sit there in silence, just in case a Brighton player gets injured. Don't want people getting the wrong idea.

29 minutes ago, mozza said:

A draw for them and a win for us would put us top over Christmas ?

The league isn't decided at Xmas, finishes in May. 

Brighton are on a unbelievable confidence boosting unbeaten run, needs to be stopped asap

9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

The league isn't decided at Xmas, finishes in May. 

Brighton are on a unbelievable confidence boosting unbeaten run, needs to be stopped asap

What would give more confidence, not losing games or seeing yourself at the top of the league? If you're top of a league that includes an unbeaten team then surely they would fill you with confidence? 

Being top matters at this stage of the season. It matters after 1 game as well, just nowhere near as much. Every game that goes by the less points there are to play for. I don't like the 'it's a marathon, not a sprint' analogy. You can't be on another teams shoulder and then think 'right nows my time, now I'm going to take the initiative and sprint past him, let's see who's has the legs'. All you can do is pick up 3 points. But what if they pick up 3 points too? 

The more points you can attain and the higher up the table you are the better. Screw all that 'you don't win anything in (insert month)' nonsense. It's more like modern day F1 than a marathon.

Archived