Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Boro is a funny one. I'd find it highly amusing if they missed on promotion due to amount they've spent, and the fact that Aitor Karanka comes across as a right big baby.

But I just know they'd beat Derby in the playoffs, as would Burnley. It would be so obvious.

So having them and Burnley top two is the best possible outcome for us. 

I'm not impressed with any of the teams at the top though. Last season's top three were much better, all playing a far more attractive brand of football and actually competing to stay in the Premier League.

Burnley will go up and come down again, and if Boro keep Karanka it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop back down again too considering they don't exactly dominate teams.

Brighton seem on the crest of a wave and would need huge investment to stay up.

Derby, Hull and Sheff Wed have money behind them but neither are pulling up any trees this season.

I totally agree with you that it's best if we miss out on Boro & Burnley in the Play Offs as are record against both teams in the past isn't at all good. It's God knows how many bloody years since we beat Burnley home or away. We obviously have a much better record against the likes of Hull & Brighton.

As regards Brighton who as you say may well be on a crest of a wave right now, but remember that compared to us, Boro, & even Burnley they have spent about two thirds less on new players in pursuit of their successful promotion challenge this season. Who's to say should they gain promotion to the Prem this season that they won't be equally as clever with recruitment next season as they have this ?.

Also don't forget Boro fans could equally be laughing at us should we miss out on promotion this season & they don't when you take  into account the vast sums we've spent, & they won't probably be the only ones laughing, so it can works both ways my friend.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So what? I'm not going to get upset over it, in context of Terra's comment and boro also spending lots, we are there to be shot at.

We all laughed at Forest when they failed to Blackpool and Swansea then missed out.

They can laugh all they like, but the simple fact is this club is still miles better off than almost every other club in the league

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

They can laugh all they like, but the simple fact is this club is still miles better off than almost every other club in the league

I like your simple logic I also like the way you phrase your reply saying our club is miles better off than other clubs in the league by not comparing us to the club's getting promoted to the Premiership when we get left behind

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Man U 2 up

Fellani 

Remember when Derby fans didn't rate Jesse Lingard?

Absolutely outstanding tonight.

Said it before, Barcelona just look too tired. They've played so many games it's unreal. Exact same happened with Real Madrid last season, they just ran out of steam and peaked too soon.

Messi for instnce has played non-stop football since 2013, with Argentina reaching the World Cup and Copa America finals in 2014 and 2015 his body must be wrecked.

Barcelona are playing so slow. They can't live with the Atletico intensity.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 21:39, G-Ram said:

If fester win it Wenger should be made to walk... Giving it all this noise for years about not having the money to compete with the big boys & paying off the stadium he's been Made to look a clown in my opinion

he was a revolutionary when he came to england but he's been lacking for years 

What if Spurs win?

Archived