The strategy for progress.

Mostyn6

Strategy...  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we are short in midfield of a creative player and another CF goalscorer .

Why would the existing players be out of form ! 

I don't agree we are short of anything. Ince, Weimann, Dawkins, Hendrick AND Russell are creative midfielders whichever way you wanna paint it. As for goalscorer's, we have a couple mentioned above that score, and then Martin and Bent who pro-rata would've got 60 goals last season.

I don't agree we are short of anything. Ince, Weimann, Dawkins, Hendrick AND Russell are creative midfielders whichever way you wanna paint it. As for goalscorer's, we have a couple mentioned above that score, and then Martin and Bent who pro-rata would've got 60 goals last season.

On your head be it. 

Im telling you without Strenghening this team won't get promoted Clement coaching or not. 

We've got probably 3-4 very good players for this level, and two very good defenders.

Hughes, Thorne, Martin and possibly Ince. Shackell and Keogh in defence.

The rest are all so-so, but capable of performing well enough providing the 3 or 4 are playing well.

Take out two of the three, say Martin and Thorne and you get what we got at the end of last season, a very average team.

If at some time another Martin Hughes or Thorne became available at the right price it would be madness not to sign them, no matter what stage of the season or where we are in the league.

We've already lost one of the three/four, lose another and we're going to be struggling again.

People may have already noticed that I am totally against the continuous pursuit of replacement players. I was the same when Clough was manager, and when McClaren was manager. Basically, unless your players are playing at 7/10 or better, then my opinion is there is scope for the coaching to improve the performances. When the players are playing their best and it's still not good enough, that's when I believe you should start buying better players.

So where do you stand?

one problem in your

logic is this. Ratings are given on the performance according to the match and league your in. Take a league 2 defender, drop in our team and it is quite possible that he is out of his depth and may rate 5/10. Coaching may improve this to 7/10 but he may lack the ability to ever reach higher no matter what coaching he receives.

id say if a player is consistently scoring a 7 rating then he is not good enough to score higher consistently and a replacement who is better equipped should be saught out.

Time to weed out those who cannot make it. Put another £20 million into it, in my opinion. I see the top clubs buying 18 year olds for about £1 million apiece. Surely we can compete if we get in early.

At 18 you've still no idea if the players are going to develop, look at Masion Benett.

this is my point. What the hell is signing 7 players if it is NOT strengthening?

wel Bent and Ince were here already, weimann is no better than Russell, Pearce is good back up and Baird who I assume was bought in as versatile or a DM is now tied to RB because we didn't strengthen there. So all in all after 7 signings we have strengthened only CH with the signing of Shackell

Time to weed out those who cannot make it. Put another £20 million into it, in my opinion. I see the top clubs buying 18 year olds for about £1 million apiece. Surely we can compete if we get in early.

sublime to the ridiculous we ar a Championship side and we ain't won a game yet this season. 

At 18 you've still no idea if the players are going to develop, look at Masion Benett.

Safety in numbers, take a punt on three or four and hope that two become stars. If you wait, they have gone and it is too late. Yes it is a gamble but one that must be taken in my opinion, curb.. I do not want to curb your enthusiasm but we are gointg to have to get some wins on the board and have a good rhythm and style of play before the window closes, otherwise we will be feeling the draught. We need a defence that can close the shutters and latch onto Clement's ideas.:)

Safety in numbers, take a punt on three or four and hope that two become stars. If you wait, they have gone and it is too late. Yes it is a gamble but one that must be taken in my opinion, curb.. I do not want to curb your enthusiasm but we are gointg to have to get some wins on the board and have a good rhythm and style of play before the window closes, otherwise we will be feeling the draught. We need a defence that can close the shutters and latch onto Clement's ideas.:)

Still no guarantee at that age, you could buy 5 and get all 5, or buy 5 and get none.

Obviously you're increasing your chances if you develop five instead of one, but still a gamble.

The best way to avoid the Candy Crush in the last few games is to get a few points clear and go to the next level which we will obviously have to pay for..  

To get there without Hughes will be near on impossible IMO without a couple more players at least. 

Archived