Charity fundraising night ideas?

Rev

Hello all, as part of my lads National Citizenship Scheme, he and a group of friends are holding a fundraising quiz night.

A venue has been secured, and his group have a vague idea of the type of event they wish to put on, but being a group of 16 yr olds are a little unsure what exactly to do.

The event is on a Friday night at a local non-league clubs bar, lasting about 3 hrs in total.

Do you kind people out their have any great ideas to raise the most money possible, or indeed things to avoid that aren't popular at this sort of thing?

So far they've come up with a quiz and raffle, they're unsure how to monetise the event though, entry fee or pass the collection buckets round once inside?

Any ideas really appreciated, the charities they are fundraising for are the Nottinghamshire Hospice, and the Rainbow Parents Carers Forum.

ps I'd invite you all, but the stoopid little @@@@ has arranged this for next Friday! 

I've already offered him a ton in lieu of my presence, but apparently I have to be there!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been involved with a library fundraiser before and here are some things we did:

-Charged a low entry fee and sold cookies and other snacks at the fundraiser as well.

-As you mentioned,we had a raffle as well for  a gift card to Barnes & Noble and a second raffle for a gift card to a well known local restaurant.

-Had a mini book sale setup as well,along with local artists and some of their works for sale.

-For kids that showed up(Say 10 and under) had a clown to entertain them.

Etc.

Good luck to them.Fundraisers are always good things to do.

Have the kids create a masterpiece in chocolate (take it in turns and timed) have the crowd vote for the winner who gets a prize (talk nice to a shop, they might donate it) then auction the lot off.

I have an England 66 replica world cup shirt, signed by Sir Geoff Hurst, thought about selling/auctioning that.

It's got Moores number on, when he signed it he said don't worry, they all have!

Only problem is its signed 'To Steve', so I guess that narrows down the market.

Archived