Player ratings vs Pompey

Sam_DCFC_1994

Grant - 6 - apart from the error for the first goal, I thought he was solid, I still think Grant is a very good goalkeeper at this level.

Sesse - 7 - solid enough, 1 gripe I have is that he doesn't beat his man often enough and whip a ball in. I think him and Christie are about the same level. For the record, I like Christie, I think he should be given a chance, obviously confidence was lacking at the back end of last season.

shackell - 8 - Solid

Pearce - 7 - solid for most for most of the night, perhaps I'm being too picky, but I feel he lost his man for the second goal. 

Forsyth - 7 -  Apart from The occasional 'pull your hair out' miss placed passes, he was solid as per.

Baird - 7 - not much to say, but he didn't dictate the play.

hendrick - 6 - for me he cannot play a Cdm role. 

Dawkins - 7.5 - very neat and tidy, our best player in the first half.

weimann - 6.5 - full of running, worked hard, but didn't see enough of the ball, and his final ball was often lacking.

russell - 6.5 - see above.

Bent - 4 - it's early days but I'm worried about Bent. I admit, the service was almost none existent at times last night, but in games like that you need to adapt your game. He had the fewest touches on the pitch, he simply was not involved, there might be a theme occurring here...

Do you think my comments are fair? 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant - 6 - apart from the error for the first goal, I thought he was solid, I still think Grant is a very good goalkeeper at this level.

Sesse - 7 - solid enough, 1 gripe I have is that he doesn't beat his man often enough and whip a ball in. I think him and Christie are about the same level. For the record, I like Christie, I think he should be given a chance, obviously confidence was lacking at the back end of last season.

shackell - 8 - Solid

Pearce - 7 - solid for most for most of the night, perhaps I'm being too picky, but I feel he lost his man for the second goal. 

Forsyth - 7 -  Apart from The occasional 'pull your hair out' miss placed passes, he was solid as per.

Baird - 7 - not much to say, but he didn't dictate the play.

hendrick - 6 - for me he cannot play a Cdm role. 

Dawkins - 7.5 - very neat and tidy, our best player in the first half.

weimann - 6.5 - full of running, worked hard, but didn't see enough of the ball, and his final ball was often lacking.

russell - 6.5 - see above.

Bent - 4 - it's early days but I'm worried about Bent. I admit, the service was almost none existent at times last night, but in games like that you need to adapt your game. He had the fewest touches on the pitch, he simply was not involved, there might be a theme occurring here...

Do you think my comments are fair? 

I think you are being far to fair!

Grant - 5 distribution was poor, would not roll the ball out and insisted on kicking it long . . . straight to their players head and repeat. Marked his night with another error. 

Ssewankambo - 6 Lads got potential, he's quick and strong but he needs refinement 

Shackell - 7 Solid as a rock, couple of dodgy clearances 

Pearce - 6 Turning circle wider than the titanic, not the quickest, but solid enough 

Forsyth - 6 Still cant pass a ball 5 yards, made some decent runs to make up for it

Baird - 6 Steady game, one stupid pass that caused them to break on us, looked a bit embarrassed by how we were playing 

Hendrick - 5 I don't get the hype around him? i really don't!, i don't rate him as anything other than a mediocre champ midfielder and despite his build he gets barged off the ball far to often. did his usual disappearing act when the game got tough, going to start calling him Houdini!

Dawkins 7 - only player in the first half that looked like he could be arsed, made some good runs and he must have glue on his boots because that ball sticks to him!

Weimann - 6 Looked a bit isolated, ran around a lot but didn't really do much. Looked like he didn't understand his role, most probably had a "what the **** have i signed myself up for?" moment 

Russell - 6.5 plenty of effort, decision making needs to improve in the final third  

Bent - 3 Should have sat on the coach and stuck a film on, looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there, isolated, confused, frustrated, we may as well have been playing with 10 men 

Subs 

Ince - 6 seems absolutely petrified to shoot for some reason? some good runs 

Martin - 5 looks frustrated, lethargic and unhappy about something 

Thorne - 7.5 This chap is premier league quality all day long, a class act as usual, our only positive of the night 

Ah, I did not realise. I'm using internet explorer to navigate round The site as my main browser has crapped it, basically viewing any forum topics is a nightmare.

Why would you be using Internet Explorer? It's 2015!

maybe the issue is the front guys are finding it difficult to adapt for some reason.  These guys need to be sent into games confident in the system and the supply of the ball.  Doesn't sound like they have signed up to the new way

Bent - 3 Should have sat on the coach and stuck a film on, looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there, isolated, confused, frustrated, we may as well have been playing with 10 men 

Martin - 5 looks frustrated, lethargic and unhappy about something 

first quote didn't work

Grant 4 - Sunday League error but did a few saves to make up....ish Carson will be number 1 now

Ssewankambo 6 - Steady but for a young lad on his debut he did good, Christie will be worried

Pearce 6 - Steady but wasn't tight enough for 2nd goal

Shackell 6 - Good goal, solid enough

Forsyth 6 - Good going forward steady performance

Hendrick 5 - Ok game but cannot play at CDM and missed a CM partner for me

Baird 6 - Steady, better when put at RB

Dawkins 7 - Good game, played well. Gave himself a case for replacing Bryson/Hughes in the meantime

Weimann 6 - Good running but no final ball and was unlucky to score due to great defending

Russell 6 - Good running but again no end product

Bent 4 - Didn't see him, very isolated and shouldn't start, good impact player though, in fairness we lacked the final ball

Ince 6 - Played Ok but tried to walk it in

Martin 6 - No impact to the game, but it was smash and grab time

Thorne 8 - Showed Clement why he should start, came on and didn't put a foot wrong

Archived