Windows 10 - Did you upgrade?

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement."

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement."

Interesting, very interesting. 

I've got a Sony Vaio with Windows 7. I have a message from Sony Care advising me NOT to upgrade until they (Sony) have tested out an upgrade to deal with presumably known issues on a Vaio.

Apart from that, I'm still waiting for the Windows update.

Not sure if there are likely to be any issues with my HP desktop. Being an old crinckly, I might just stick with Windows 7.

Ive upgraded, hated windows 8/8.1 so was a quick choice, its fast and snappy, and i love the cortana search bar on the task bar, you can search anything on your internet or files, only problem is that by default it uses bing as its search engine, but you can work around it, I use chrome, so i made chrome my default browser then added an extension called chrometana, which allows you to change the search engine

also, that little boxy icon thing next to the cortana search bar, it allows you to have multiple desktops screens :o

but the best bit is i no longer have a stupid windows 8 massive ugly unhelpful whopping whole desktop screen, i have a start menu once more :D 

Could of had a start menu on 8/8.1 with Start8.

8 got a lot of bad rep when it was actually a very good OS. 

I have upgraded both machines to Win10, love a clean OS, do them every 6 months or so. Gaming performance is slightly improved on 10 too.

Amusing things is, 8, 8.1 and 10 are all based off Vista kernels and source code :blink:

There are some issues, for example attempting to watch Sky via the website on Microsoft Edge leads to this error:

nmjipi.png

Archived