Gaming

SaintRam

How's everyone finding the Division?

I bought it on a whim (well, I was planning on eventually, but not so quickly) on Friday night and stuck it on to download. Probably about level 7 or 8 now, and quite enjoying it - even though I'm only playing with randomers via matchmaking.

I'm level 13 in the normal world and level 10 in the Dark Zone (they're separate ranks) and I'm enjoying it. Not playing it excessively because I'm sticking to playing it with one of my friends - the fact that the PvE and PvP zones have separated levelling really helps with that though, can play with other friends without getting ahead of one.

I definitely have my issues with it, but generally I think it's a good game. I don't like rating a game or recommending it until the new game smell has worn off, but right now my experience is far more positive than negative. 

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm level 13 in the normal world and level 10 in the Dark Zone (they're separate ranks) and I'm enjoying it. Not playing it excessively because I'm sticking to playing it with one of my friends - the fact that the PvE and PvP zones have separated levelling really helps with that though, can play with other friends without getting ahead of one.

I definitely have my issues with it, but generally I think it's a good game. I don't like rating a game or recommending it until the new game smell has worn off, but right now my experience is far more positive than negative. 

I've found it quite difficult in spots too, which I like. That said, not sure if the matchmade missions I've joined have higher difficulties set up, but even then, died a few times to the guy with that damn flamethrower for example.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I've found it quite difficult in spots too, which I like. That said, not sure if the matchmade missions I've joined have higher difficulties set up, but even then, died a few times to the guy with that damn flamethrower for example.

I find it varying in challenge, we do all the missions on hard but only really struggle when we have someone random in the group - especially if one of them is underlevelled because the mission scales based on two things - the highest level in the group and the number of people in the group. So someone who is underlevelled really throws off the difficulty.

"Cleaner" missions are generally in my opinion far harder than "Rioter" missions - but generally it's similar to Destiny I think in that all the missions on hard will be challenging, but you'll do them first time - then when you hit max level you can do them all on 'challenge mode' or 'nightmare mode' or whatever this game turns them into and that's the real bread and butter of the PvE game.

I've found the Dark Zone very easy, most players seem pretty poor at the game so far. But as they improve I'm sure group numbers will start to really matter. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I find it varying in challenge, we do all the missions on hard but only really struggle when we have someone random in the group - especially if one of them is underlevelled because the mission scales based on two things - the highest level in the group and the number of people in the group. So someone who is underlevelled really throws off the difficulty.

"Cleaner" missions are generally in my opinion far harder than "Rioter" missions - but generally it's similar to Destiny I think in that all the missions on hard will be challenging, but you'll do them first time - then when you hit max level you can do them all on 'challenge mode' or 'nightmare mode' or whatever this game turns them into and that's the real bread and butter of the PvE game.

I've found the Dark Zone very easy, most players seem pretty poor at the game so far. But as they improve I'm sure group numbers will start to really matter. 

I've not seen how to even get onto the dark zone yet, do you need to hit a certain PvE level before they introduce you to it?

Just now, Srg said:

I've not seen how to even get onto the dark zone yet, do you need to hit a certain PvE level before they introduce you to it?

I believe the level...10? Mission is close to it, I'm not sure if they point it out. There are lots of entrances to the Dark Zone, each one for an area of it with a different level range. DZ01 is the one you want. 

On the map, around the edge of the red zone, there are lots of little purple squares I believe labelled "checkpoints" and have the DZ01/DZ02 naming, these are the entrances.

I wouldn't advise going in alone though, you'll very rarely get any loot out.

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Brod bowdown.gif.pagespeed.ce.PKqybR2Dbe.gif

54 minutes ago, Broderick said:

haha thanks :lol:

Guessing you've seen him play already, 'kin ell one minute you're pulling off goal line saves the next this bat mobile is flying through the air knocking it in.

Made me laugh on the side just knocked the ball and weaved through 3 to collect it and tap in, someone's been playing for quite a while

1132 wins and 3821 goals :o

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

only 2 saves in 51 games?!?!

Srg11.png

Oh thats a good idea, decent stats there Srg

76561198004227100.png

On the ranked I only really play solo standard, but haven't in a couple of weeks. Climbing though. 

I'm curious to see what my stats will be on Xbox once I've played a 100 games or so, I'm guessing.... padded.