Gaming

SaintRam

15 hours ago, David said:

Would have been quicker to post whats not in your library, need to get out more!

I have loads in my library A) because some Steam sales you can buy games for pennies and B) Humble Bundle which is a fantastic site that do game bundles every week or so and its pay what you want. 

With the rocket league skill reset and the utterly crazy matchmaking its created it's a slow process to climb the ladder in ranked. I probably did my placements too early; placed in mid silver and every game on the climb up has been full of a mix of genuinely awful players and players who were grand champions (and therefore far better than me) last season. At the top of gold now though and closing in on the blue ranks.

On another game, picked up Styx in the steam sale, played it occasionally (when a friend hasn't been online) and it's certainly interesting. Worth picking up if you're a fan of stealth games in my opinion, have it on the hardest difficulty where you generally get instantly killed if you get spotted but it is possible to run away and re-hide. On lesser difficulties you can fight back to an extent (but it never turns into a run around killing everything game).

Playing on console, my heart sinks everytime I'm put into a game with 5 PC players. Just know it's so much more difficult. It's quite funny when it's 3 console v 3 PC players. Feels like there's extra riding on it.

I had the same problem, I'm achieving the same rank as last year on doubles now, but only in prospect elite on the two 3 v 3 ranks.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Playing on console, my heart sinks everytime I'm put into a game with 5 PC players. Just know it's so much more difficult. It's quite funny when it's 3 console v 3 PC players. Feels like there's extra riding on it.

I had the same problem, I'm achieving the same rank as last year on doubles now, but only in prospect elite on the two 3 v 3 ranks.

Up to challenger Elite in solo 3v3, was "rising star" last season but confident to get into the purple ranks this season.

Playing normal 3v3 with a friend  and climbing through Prospect atm, but that's slower as I'm only playing with him.

My doubles partner has been unable to play rocket league for a while, as has my backup @Broderick - so haven't even placed in that yet. 

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Up to challenger Elite in solo 3v3, was "rising star" last season but confident to get into the purple ranks this season.

Playing normal 3v3 with a friend  and climbing through Prospect atm, but that's slower as I'm only playing with him.

My doubles partner has been unable to play rocket league for a while, as has my backup @Broderick - so haven't even placed in that yet. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

That's my problem, I tend to only play solo, even in double. Sometimes partner up with a random if we seem to suit each others games.

Can PC players join Xbox lobbies? If so, does anyone want a game now?

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Can PC players join Xbox lobbies? If so, does anyone want a game now?

Unfortunately that's not possible. They need to figure a way to do that. All you can do is play v each other through matchmaking - either way, at work anyway

If you guys wanna play I'm *fairly* sure we can all play in the same private lobby.

At work atm but I'm up for testing it later if you're interested in trying. I know I can do it with PS players.

EA Access is a pretty good concept for PC gamers (it may be on console? I've no idea). Hadn't noticed it existed until yesterday. £3.99 a month and you get access to a ton of games (some surprisingly recent such as Unravel, Battlefield Hardline) as if you own them, 10% off purchases from Origin and special beta accesses and things like that.

Its on XB1 as well. Its a brilliant concept, Sony were mad to turn it down as not good value for its customers :D

I got it as soon as I picked up my XB1 the other week, had no need to buy any games alongside it due to the catalogue of stuff in the Vault. FIFA 17 comes out on it a few days early which is a bonus as can try the full release before buying rather than buying based off the demo which is never the same as the release candidate.

• 2 weeks later...

Will there ever be The Last Of Us 2?!? 

Wanting to play No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Ghost Recon Wildlands. 

I heard DayZ is headed for PS4? Jesus! They wanna try fixing the pc version first. 

People bought it based on its potential. It's managed to get worse never mind stand still for years. 

oh, Days Gone looks promising

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Will there ever be The Last Of Us 2?!? 

Wanting to play No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Ghost Recon Wildlands. 

I heard DayZ is headed for PS4? Jesus! They wanna try fixing the pc version first. 

People bought it based on its potential. It's managed to get worse never mind stand still for years. 

oh, Days Gone looks promising

I think Last of Us 2 will come out at some point; was a huge hit for both Sony and Naughty Dog, and was a very good game. Very much looking forward to new Mass Effect as well.

3 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

I think Last of Us 2 will come out at some point; was a huge hit for both Sony and Naughty Dog, and was a very good game. Very much looking forward to new Mass Effect as well.

Hope so AR. They knocked out 4 Uncharted games and TLOU was better in every way.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Playing a game called Foxhole. A prototype not yet in early access and totally addicted to the *****. 

That's that weird isometric defense building third person shooter, right? 

I've been playing a lot of Prison Architect. It's a really neat, well done private prison simulator. You can construct anything from a Swedish style holiday camp/reform centre to a hellish death trap. I just executed my first death row inmate last night. Turns out he was innocent, but because I'd followed all the regulations I still got my 10k. That's justice!