Gaming

SaintRam

7 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

People still play candy crush! You'll be telling me people still play Farmville and cityville!

Water my crops.....

Personally I can't wait for Battlefield 1, I adored BF1942 and although I like BF4 I much prefer a traditional setting without all the airstrikes/laser guided/modern-from-a-distance stuff.

If it was my choice I would like 1942 updated, that would be immense. Imagine Stalingrad or Berlin with destructible environments.

Anyway, we're slap bang in the middle of remembering the slaughter of 100 years ago so seems appropriate to me.

In other games, anyone get the Japanese DLC for Assetto Corsa? That MX-5 Cup is so much fun!

18 hours ago, TimRam said:

Looking forward to getting stuck into Doom 4 later this year. I will need a gpu upgrade though. Any thoughts? Snapmap looks interesting.

I've always for the past 10 years I think when ever choosing a new PC equipment I've gone to Toms Hardware and gone for there best of the month and gone for the budget one. Never done me wrong to be fair.

On 21/05/2016 at 12:45, TimRam said:

Looking forward to getting stuck into Doom 4 later this year. I will need a gpu upgrade though. Any thoughts? Snapmap looks interesting.

I pre ordered and bought for X1. Its good, single player is very positive, particularly the missions in Hell.

Multiplayer is a little mental, and I think it might get a little tiresome. 

Zero plot, but that's not what you're buying Doom for is it?

I also got downloads for the original Doom 1 and 2 for free aswell..

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Overwatch is out tonight.

200.gif

just debating whether to get it with a voucher I have for Game.

Division update 1.2 out tomorrow too with new Incursion and High Value Targets being introduced.

Just now, Srg said:

just debating whether to get it with a voucher I have for Game.

Division update 1.2 out tomorrow too with new Incursion and High Value Targets being introduced.

Up to you. 

I'd recommend Overwatch forever in a day but each to their own 

On 5/22/2016 at 12:45, TimRam said:

As always, depends on your budget.

I would wait for Polaris to drop though before making any decisions.

16 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

As always, depends on your budget.

I would wait for Polaris to drop though before making any decisions.

Agree with that.

This next gen of graphics cards should be a lot kinder on the bank balance whilst giving good performance

Thank Christ, I enjoy 3v3 but you can search ranked 3v3 both solo and normal and often you can get like 900 players in there. End up having to play doubles with randomers as that seems to be the only ranked with decent numbers.

The Division had a pretty nice free update this week.

Different daily/weekly missions which aren't story missions. Updated Dark Zone and higher ranked loot.

Mobs got tougher though, so team work is more key.

RIP Solo play.

Oh and you can cut the extraction too, which is fun.

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Really looking forward to the Blood and Wine dlc releasing Tuesday for Witcher 3.Anyone else getting it?

I brought the Witcher with all the DLC's etc played it for about 8 hours collecting the '?' etc but got bored. Might have to get my moneys worth now my friends have gone to play Overwatch.. =[

23 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I brought the Witcher with all the DLC's etc played it for about 8 hours collecting the '?' etc but got bored. Might have to get my moneys worth now my friends have gone to play Overwatch.. =[

It's one of the most in depth and enjoyable games ive ever played, took me a while to get into it but once I did I absolutely loved it. Get used to the fighting and mechanics of the game and you should enjoy it.

what I would recommend is not to go chasing the ?'s on the map. Moving from point a to b isn't very exciting. Play the storyline, it's incredibly in depth. Some of the side quests are so good you forget that they are side quests and not part of the main plot

18 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

It's one of the most in depth and enjoyable games ive ever played, took me a while to get into it but once I did I absolutely loved it. Get used to the fighting and mechanics of the game and you should enjoy it.

what I would recommend is not to go chasing the ?'s on the map. Moving from point a to b isn't very exciting. Play the storyline, it's incredibly in depth. Some of the side quests are so good you forget that they are side quests and not part of the main plot

True all I ended up chasing in the end till I got most on the map took hours and a lot I was under leveled for lol. Might try and do what you say and see if any more boobs come out!

On 23/05/2016 at 15:52, Red_Dawn said:

I pre ordered and bought for X1. Its good, single player is very positive, particularly the missions in Hell.

Multiplayer is a little mental, and I think it might get a little tiresome. 

Zero plot, but that's not what you're buying Doom for is it?

I also got downloads for the original Doom 1 and 2 for free aswell..

Will wait until 1070 1080 gpus get on the market then snap up a 970. I thought Doom 3 was very underrated. Doom 4 sounds and looks great.

Been paying Overwatch almost exclusively with a bit of Rocket League thrown in. OW is absolutely fantastic.

On 28/05/2016 at 12:42, TimRam said:

Will wait until 1070 1080 gpus get on the market then snap up a 970. I thought Doom 3 was very underrated. Doom 4 sounds and looks great.

Given that Polaris (RX480) will stomp on a 970 for less than 200 quid why would you even look at one?