Gaming

SaintRam

On 25/03/2016 at 22:15, Lord_Ram said:

been playing the witcher 3 recently, and I cant stop playing it, such a big game with so much to do and very strong story(ies), really really enjoying it and id recommend it to anyone who enjoys open world games

Dragon Age Inquisition is on par with it, though different in combat terms. Absolutely loved both, Dragon Age pips it for me but then I'm a fanboy of that series.

One piece of advice for this game is don't do the big 'if you continue from here the world changes' mission that involves Kaer Morhen before making sure to do all of the quests that are just below your level should you still want to gain XP from them. I'm not going to spoil what that mission is if you haven't come to it yet but you do go up a few levels during it, it made around 20 quests for me almost useless because of the XP drop on quests over three levels below you. 

I'm about to plunge for the first DLC. Sadly though, no new Gwent cards. The Witcher 3 became 'Gwent - The Video Game' for me until I'd collected all of the top tier cards.

Anyone here ventured into VR yet? The Oculus Rift was released in the last few days, and all the reviews I've read have been very positive. The Vive is coming next week. 

I can't afford it, and even if I could my PC couldn't begin to handle it. The specs are really high-end. I might have to wait a few years before I get in on this, but it sounds exciting so far. 

Anyone taken the plunge? 

Nah, I don't really have the space for it at the moment. You need to be in a much clearer space than you had to with say the Wii. 

I will eventually, no doubt, but I have to do some rearranging of the house anyway so I'll probably wait until after that. 

Had a mixed weekend on Rocket League, lengthy losing streak got me demoted 2 divisions and a rank. Followed that up with an equally lengthy winning streak that got me promoted 2 divisions and a rank, may as well have not played a single game.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Finally bought an X1, then it needed a 3.2GB download to update.

Mighty impressed by The Division.

Shame it took about an hour to install, and then needed a 3GB download.. good job internet usage isn't capped these days!

I haven't played much division all week. Always fearful of this happening with games, people I play it with aren't around all that often - it fades from the 'play order' as it were - never play it again. 

Happens with pretty much every AAA game we play :lol:

On 4/5/2016 at 04:13, SaintRam said:

Had a mixed weekend on Rocket League, lengthy losing streak got me demoted 2 divisions and a rank. Followed that up with an equally lengthy winning streak that got me promoted 2 divisions and a rank, may as well have not played a single game.

What rank are you at? :o

12 hours ago, Broderick said:

What rank are you at? :o

Atm I keep yoyoing from Rising Star to the gold one below it. Cant get a consistent run to cement my place there.

On 4/9/2016 at 17:39, Broderick said:

Not bad :). I'm at rising star on dubbles and the one above that on standard. Do you know when pc and ps4 players will be able to party up? :o

Sometime in the summer I think. 

I don't think my playstyle translates into solo standard very well, and I don't have friends (that are any good, anyway) to play the group standard with.

I'm a bit more defensively minded workhorse type, I can do fancy aerials etc. but it's usually my two teammates going for them. So frustrating to watch people fly up for an easy goal and completely fluffing it. 

"Trust your teammates" they said, "Thats how you win" they said. :lol:

Think I need to change how I play in solo standard to take more control.

Good ol' Rocket League. Brilliant game. 

At the end of the day though the key to success is trusting your teammates, and building their confidence in themselves and in you in match. Not always easy, particularly when they're awful. I'm very defencively minded though, so it's not a major issue generally, make up for the mistakes, make the chances with solid clearances. 

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Good ol' Rocket League. Brilliant game. 

At the end of the day though the key to success is trusting your teammates, and building their confidence in themselves and in you in match. Not always easy, particularly when they're awful. I'm very defencively minded though, so it's not a major issue generally, make up for the mistakes, make the chances with solid clearances. 

The trouble I have is that playing solo standard (and generally changing both teammates every game) I find it really hard to read their playstyle. So until I do so, I play really passively. Had too many games where a teammates gone for something I wasn't expecting them to, more than once, and then been more focused on being bitchy about it than playing.

Had a 4 games in a row over the weekend in solo standard with the same teammates and it was lovely. Won 2-1, 4-1, 6-2, 8-0

Then the game split us up :( 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The trouble I have is that playing solo standard (and generally changing both teammates every game) I find it really hard to read their playstyle. So until I do so, I play really passively. Had too many games where a teammates gone for something I wasn't expecting them to, more than once, and then been more focused on being bitchy about it than playing.

Had a 4 games in a row over the weekend in solo standard with the same teammates and it was lovely. Won 2-1, 4-1, 6-2, 8-0

Then the game split us up :( 

It's an issue, and one of those aspects of solo standard that is hard to deal with. Generally when I'm unsure I just try to defend and use that to put the opposition on the backfoot, though that can go very wrong with another play who typesets themselves as a keeper. 

You can try and build a team with people you play well with on steam (if you're on PC) and move to standard. 

To be honest, I'd be happy to play some games, but let's be honest here, Australian internet is awful even with Australians. I wouldn't inflict Australian internet on our glorious colonial overlords. 

Managed to win 10 in a row ranked to get the achievement playing solo queues. 

Tend to find play defensively until you figure them out, otherwise you could end up with conceded a few open goals. 

Just now, Srg said:

Managed to win 10 in a row ranked to get the achievement playing solo queues. 

Tend to find play defensively until you figure them out, otherwise you could end up with conceded a few open goals. 

It's not so much open goals, as rotation is pretty on point in my games generally. It's more people waiting until the last second to do stuff, while im driving from a distance away. I have to make the decision to go for it early and if they do something late we collide. 

Ergo, I play quite passively early on and that lost time can be detrimental.

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's an issue, and one of those aspects of solo standard that is hard to deal with. Generally when I'm unsure I just try to defend and use that to put the opposition on the backfoot, though that can go very wrong with another play who typesets themselves as a keeper. 

You can try and build a team with people you play well with on steam (if you're on PC) and move to standard. 

All of my PC friends are genuinely awful, and have no care or intention to get any better. I have one who's pretty good but he's been in the process of moving for a few weeks :lol: 

I did get invited to be a sub on a team of Norweigens, their star player is the very top rank. But means I don't get to play ranked with them often, only filling in for tournaments.