DIY

ketteringram

Any roofers on here? 

My garage roof has completely had it, the felt has completely given up and leaks like a sieve...

Haven't had any quotes yet but a mate reckons 1k plus? It's a double garage 7x8m

Whats best for quality and cost? Get it re-boarded it and felted again? That rubber lining stuff or GRP? 

Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Any roofers on here? 

My garage roof has completely had it, the felt has completely given up and leaks like a sieve...

Haven't had any quotes yet but a mate reckons 1k plus? It's a double garage 7x8m

Whats best for quality and cost? Get it re-boarded it and felted again? That rubber lining stuff or GRP? 

Thanks

There may be roofers on here able to give direct help but just wanted to say that I'd recommend John L Morgan & Sons if you end up looking for someone to do the work.

Did our house roof this year and did an excellent job. 

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

Any roofers on here? 

Thanks

You could always try what the previous owners of our house did with the leaking shed roof:

Nail supermarket carrier bags to the INSIDE of the wooden roof. Surprisingly it wasn't very effective. Not to mention the extra leaks from the nail holes.

41 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

You could always try what the previous owners of our house did with the leaking shed roof:

Nail supermarket carrier bags to the INSIDE of the wooden roof. Surprisingly it wasn't very effective. Not to mention the extra leaks from the nail holes.

"Be alright once I've done this duck, go put the kettle on"

6 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

Any roofers on here? 

Thanks

Flat Tops, Uttoxeter.

Excellent quality work by a family run business, experts in felt roofs but decent on all sorts of smallish jobs.

The boss has a Ram tattoo on his arm and his son played for Derby a few years ago.............

Archived