West Brom sale

Butros

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owners from the far east? Always a winner that Butros. Good luck with it though, Peace has done well for you over the years and I hope you get another good boardroom.

What would the baggies hope for from new owners butros? 

More investment in team?

Redevelopment of ground and/or facilities? 

Lack of interference  and ludicrous customs  (eg no white allowed in your strip cos that's the chinese funeral colour etc)?

Owt else? Will you get automatically entered for the shanghai cup? 

Interesting times ahead, and a fair few nervous baggie fans around atm. Peace may have his faults but has also transformed the club during his time at the helm and kept them debt free.

As alluded to above foreign owners from that region don't appear to have a great track record in England. Having said that Peace has stated he will only sell if the new owners have the best interests of the club at heart. No way of controlling that once you sell of course.

Due to FFP I don't see a great increase in team investment as possible. Training facilities are already top notch. Plans to redevelop the small halfords lane stand have been in place for a year or two now but for whatever reason haven't been activated.

The future of manager Tony Pulis is uncertain following the relevation that 'Tony Pulis' means 'small genitals' in Mandarin. 

HITC

The future of manager Tony Pulis is uncertain following the relevation that 'Tony Pulis' means 'small genitals' in Mandarin. 

HITC

Gets worse, in Cantonese his name means 'hoof ball'. And in English too come to think of it...

Interesting times ahead, and a fair few nervous baggie fans around atm. Peace may have his faults but has also transformed the club during his time at the helm and kept them debt free.

As alluded to above foreign owners from that region don't appear to have a great track record in England. Having said that Peace has stated he will only sell if the new owners have the best interests of the club at heart. No way of controlling that once you sell of course.

Due to FFP I don't see a great increase in team investment as possible. Training facilities are already top notch. Plans to redevelop the small halfords lane stand have been in place for a year or two now but for whatever reason haven't been activated.

Well lads, hope it works out ok for you.

never had any problems with the Baggies. Proper club I've always thought. Even Pulis seems a bit less hoofball since hes been there so fair play.

Latest rumour is the Chinese investors are The Dalian Group, China's largest real estate developer & worlds largest movie theatre operator. They are headed by Wang Jianlin, wealthiest person in China and according to Forbes is worth US$33.7 billion.

Interestingly they hold a 20% share in Athletico Madrid so football investment maybe a direction they are heading

Who knows though could just be whispers ?

Latest rumour is the Chinese investors are The Dalian Group, China's largest real estate developer & worlds largest movie theatre operator. They are headed by Wang Jianlin, wealthiest person in China and according to Forbes is worth US$33.7 billion.

Interestingly they hold a 20% share in Athletico Madrid so football investment maybe a direction they are heading

Is this the only club they'll own outright?

Chinese stock market has lost massively since June, major corporations of there have been press-ganged into propping it up with $20bn investment. A few bumps in the road ahead for them maybe, and it might not be an ideal time for the move. I'd be veering between wild optimism and sheer terror if I were  you chap!

I like West Brom, but like the other 13 or so so-called lesser Premier League sides, they're a ticking bomb just waiting to get relegated. Anything and everything is a risk up there.

Keeping Pulis is probably the best thing in terms of guaranteed survival. But the football is dour and probably 11th place is your window, not the 7th-10th which the likes of Southampton and Swansea are pushing for.

But aim a little higher by bringing in a new manager can have its downfalls. Martin Jol was a top manager but he failed to arrest the Fulham slide and now they're a mediocre Championship club.

I don't know what I'd prefer. Guaranteed survival with fairly dour Pulis football or a Slaven Bilic type appointment where it really could go either way.

Is it happening mate?

Hope they weren't funding the purchase through sales of other investments as they seem to be universally tanking....

club was in talks with three different groups, last Friday one of those groups were given exclusivity for a month with the aim of completing a sale in this time.

If it's the group reported to be involved then there is no way they need to sell to finance. In any case I hear the Chinese markets have rallied somewhat in recent days.

There's a bloke somewhere in the news room or something that reckons China is screwed. I don't know though. I only skim read it because it was boring and I don't understand it.

I like West Brom, but like the other 13 or so so-called lesser Premier League sides, they're a ticking bomb just waiting to get relegated. Anything and everything is a risk up there.

Keeping Pulis is probably the best thing in terms of guaranteed survival. But the football is dour and probably 11th place is your window, not the 7th-10th which the likes of Southampton and Swansea are pushing for.

But aim a little higher by bringing in a new manager can have its downfalls. Martin Jol was a top manager but he failed to arrest the Fulham slide and now they're a mediocre Championship club.

I don't know what I'd prefer. Guaranteed survival with fairly dour Pulis football or a Slaven Bilic type appointment where it really could go either way.

away from home some of the football under Pulis was on the defensive side but he needed results and was hindered by a lopsided squad. However some of the home games were anything but dour and bodes well if he can get in the players he wants. 

Archived