Clean Slate

Gypsy Ram

Right, I can't believe some of you are still at any opportunity looking to have a dig at our players. Be it Dawks, Keogh, Bucko, Hendrick or Bryson.

Seeing that we have a new management structure in place, and that all the players will have a clean slate with the management team, do you think us fans could get behind the team now and support them regardless of what we thought prior to this season and give them a clean slate.

I am guilty of not being Dawkins biggest fan, but I will get right behind him when he plays and hope he does the best for himself and the team.

Thoughts...?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People really should do their best to rid themselves of as much prejudice against the players as possible. Especially fringe players. 

Fringe players are seen as safe cannon fodder by many but it's not inconceivable for them to impress PC more in this pre-season than last seasons starters. If they do play, and this includes even some of last seasons starters based on many opinions of them toards the end of the year, then everyone's going "He's starting -blank-, he doesn't have a ******* clue" 

and no-one wants or needs that.

Unfortunately there will always be a scapegoat etc, I used to like dawks till QPR.......

lets see if PC can get the best out of these players

I really hope so. I really think it is counter productive to go into the season slating Keogh and Granty. Arguably the best keeper and CB we have had for several years.

I'll only have a dig if they are not putting a shift in. If it they are having an off day, laying into them is only going to hammer their confidence. You have seen what that does certain players. Our most consistent performers have turned into dog doo in a few short performances.

Players doesn't play well > Fan get on back > Confidence goes.  It's a vicious circle.

We have seen what this team can do when everyone is firing. Let's support the team for what's going to be an exciting season.

I'll only have a dig if they are not putting a shift in. If it they are having an off day, laying into them is only going to hammer their confidence. You have seen what that does certain players. Our most consistent performers have turned into dog doo in a few short performances.

Players doesn't play well > Fan get on back > Confidence goes.  It's a vicious circle.

We have seen what this team can do when everyone is firing. Let's support the team for what's going to be an exciting season.

I think that's where the man management qualities of the coach come in. I agree, fans shouldn't do that, but fans from every club do. It's all about the coach and players being able to pick them up to provide that bad-fan quieting performance. 

I didn't see anyone last season start playing without confidence and then get back on the horse. It started at the turn of the year with Christie and then other people just got added onto the pile. No-one ever came out of it. It was worrying.

it's a bit ignorant to suggest that anyone with a lack of faith in a certain player, based upon previous events, is somehow prejudiced by anything other than the previous performances of a player.

I've avoided Keogh talk for a few weeks, but I have absolutely zero faith in his mental capability and anxiety when it comes to important games.

I won't apologise for it and it doesn't make me less of a fan. But at some point, you have to stop flogging a dead horse.

it's a bit ignorant to suggest that anyone with a lack of faith in a certain player, based upon previous events, is somehow prejudiced by anything other than the previous performances of a player.

I've avoided Keogh talk for a few weeks, but I have absolutely zero faith in his mental capability and anxiety when it comes to important games.

I won't apologise for it and it doesn't make me less of a fan. But at some point, you have to stop flogging a dead horse.

Booooooooooooooooooo

I think that's where the man management qualities of the coach come in. I agree, fans shouldn't do that, but fans from every club do. It's all about the coach and players being able to pick them up to provide that bad-fan quieting performance. 

I didn't see anyone last season start playing without confidence and then get back on the horse. It started at the turn of the year with Christie and then other people just got added onto the pile. No-one ever came out of it. It was worrying.

I agree, I think that's why there is such a big emphasis on sports psychology these days.

Maybe Keogh? That's not to say he had a great season but I don't think what happened at Wembley affected him that much. 

Dawkins was hammered at Sheff Weds away and then put in a worldie of a performance against Fulham in the cup.

Christie and Fozzy didn't look the same.

I agree, I think that's why there is such a big emphasis on sports psychology these days.

Maybe Keogh? That's not to say he had a great season but I don't think what happened at Wembley affected him that much. 

Dawkins was hammered at Sheff Weds away and then put in a worldie of a performance against Fulham in the cup.

Christie and Fozzy didn't look the same.

On the Dawkins note, he was hammered in eveyr game he played before and after Fulham that he didn't score in. Not justifiably of course, but I just don't think he's as confidence effected as much as he's just not the style of player some fans think he should be.

On the Dawkins note, he was hammered in eveyr game he played before and after Fulham that he didn't score in. Not justifiably of course, but I just don't think he's as confidence effected as much as he's just not the style of player some fans think he should be.

The frustration with Dawks is we all know he's got the ability. He's technically one of the best players at the club. But it's pulling out those performances on a consistent basis that's the issue.

You can see why Spurs kept hold of him for that long. Hopefully Clement can be the one to get the best out of him.

The frustration with Dawks is we all know he's got the ability. He's technically one of the best players at the club. But it's pulling out those performances on a consistent basis that's the issue.

You can see why Spurs kept hold of him for that long. Hopefully Clement can be the one to get the best out of him.

People see him and think he should play in a style that's similar to Ibe, when he's nothing like that. I call racism.

I'd go as far to say if Clement can't get the best out of him, it shows a flaw in Dawks character to be honest. He's had plenty of opportunity. I defend him at the moment but there is only so long you can ignore that he is, on his day, a premiership quality midfielder who when just being Dawks can't even get into Jamaica's starting XI consistently.

I get that the Jamaica coach might just be the rotational sort but that was worrying lol

Archived