Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

If they are holding out for £14m from Boro then I'm not interested. He's a good player, but unlike some championship clubs I would not be comfortable spending that amount on one player. Such a huge gamble. If we were in the prem I'd be more relaxed about the idea. 

I mean, what if he gets injured? 

He won't be taking pens here or at Boro and for that reason I don't think he would get 20 a season at either club. As you say, what if he get's injured. £10m-£12m-£14m is an absurd amount. We just signed two players in Bent and Ince that could net 20 in a season. One of them was free. There will be someone capable of that type of goal scoring figure available on loan. We need to be the team ready to snap that player up. There have been suggestions of Chuba Akpom of Arsenal going out on loan to the Championship. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akpom looks like a real talent. I think he needs to get on the route of Bamford. Do well at a Championship club, then get a loan to a prem club and then try to get his way into the first team. I saw him play for England at the Toulon Tournament and he scored a hat trick in pre-season for Arsenal.

Only if they were promotion rivals. Which they're not.....:cool:

I am a little surprised Rhodes' agent hasn't tried to make waves to get him out of Blackburn, big him up to newly promoted teams or something. 

As mentioned, a lot of his goals come from his (still rather desirable) trait of being a good penalty taker but I imagine he'd be the penalty taker if he went to... Villa, for example. 

Just, yeah, colour me confused by the whole damn situation.

I am a little surprised Rhodes' agent hasn't tried to make waves to get him out of Blackburn, big him up to newly promoted teams or something. 

As mentioned, a lot of his goals come from his (still rather desirable) trait of being a good penalty taker but I imagine he'd be the penalty taker if he went to... Villa, for example. 

Just, yeah, colour me confused by the whole damn situation.

Yeah, sometimes Football Clubs just really try too hard to milk a player's market value as much as possible.

Blackburn bought him for £8m from Huddersfield. He has continued his goal scoring record that he had in league 1 in this league. He signed a new long term contract not long ago until like 2019. Blackburn are in deep financial trouble but are also under a transfer embargo. Boro apparently went knocking in regards to Rhodes and Blackburn have said you will have to come to us with an offer in excess of £10m. Boro are apparently lining up a deal in which they pay £10m upfront and £4m when they get promoted. 

He was never worth £8m in the first place but based on that figure they paid for him and how well he took to the championship, Blackburn asking for in excess of £10m is not unreasonable. Is he actually worth up to £14m? Hell no. 

I have been saying that Boro need to sign another goalscorer on top of Stuani for me to regard them as nailed on for automatic promotion. But if this all turns out to be correct then I have a feeling that Karma is going to bite Boro in their ass for without a shadow of a doubt, attempting to buy the league. 

Akpom looks like a real talent. I think he needs to get on the route of Bamford. Do well at a Championship club, then get a loan to a prem club and then try to get his way into the first team. I saw him play for England at the Toulon Tournament and he scored a hat trick in pre-season for Arsenal.

He has played under John Peacock too. I think this lad is on his way to Derby on loan. 

He won't be taking pens here or at Boro and for that reason I don't think he would get 20 a season at either club. As you say, what if he get's injured. £10m-£12m-£14m is an absurd amount. We just signed two players in Bent and Ince that could net 20 in a season. One of them was free. There will be someone capable of that type of goal scoring figure available on loan. We need to be the team ready to snap that player up. There have been suggestions of Chuba Akpom of Arsenal going out on loan to the Championship. 

he did nowt for arsenals u21s v us.....well...not alot.

Rhodes is currently the most prolific striker in all divisions.......

You will have to be more specific than that. Because Darren Bent got 12 in 17 for us. How much is Chris Martin worth? £10m+ £12m+? 

Rhodes professional career so far, in all games -

Played 274 games

Scored 172 goals

As for how much CM is worth?

No idea, he's only really worth what the buyer wants to pay..........

Rhodes professional career so far, in all games -

Played 274 games

Scored 172 goals

Add another 50 games onto game played, but yeah, still a very impressive record. I still wouldn't want us spending £12 million + on him though when we already have an attack full of goals. The money could be better spent elsewhere 

Add another 50 games onto game played, but yeah, still a very impressive record. I still wouldn't want us spending £12 million + on him though when we already have an attack full of goals. The money could be better spent elsewhere 

Midfielder is required..........

Somebody abit creative....................

Archived