The current squad (and what are we missing?)

IlsonDerby

Has Mitchell left then (might have seen that somewhere)? If I recall, we did bring him in on a one-year contract.

If including Bunjaku, I'd say you also have to mention Guy and Koblenz.

I think what we're missing is absolute class/quality/experience in defence - a leader to marshall the back four who everyone will look up to and want to play alongside and who is clearly a few cuts above the other defenders in the team. Right now, they all have strengths and weaknesses and there are arguments for picking any of the many combinations.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Ideally I would want 2players for every position plus an extra 2 in case we want to change formation. That's 24 players for the squad... All of good quality not youngsters making their way. That gives us 20 players according to your count. I would like to add ince if we can, another CDM, maybe Bridcutt if we can, plus another defender say shackell if he's not too pricy. After that another attacking midfielder and  winger and maybe replace shotton and albentosa with one more decent defender. Would be hard to keep all these players happy but will keep me happy if we get promo. 

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks from Monday onwards. I'm guessing Clement is going to give the likes of Bennett, Calero, Rawson and Hanson the chance to train and stake a claim for the first team.

Sammon is a safe bet to be on the way out. Question marks over Shotton, Warnock and Albentosa. Maybe even Dawkins. The rest I imagine will soon get a valuation and will be scrutinised.

At this point, he could even prefer Shotton to Keogh at centre back and make him captain! :blink:

Archived