Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

Seems that is not quite true, if Cardiff have been told their two offers are not high enough

If the price is right then he's gone and for this to take place, -

1, PC must think JR is not in his future plans for 1st team footie and

2. PC must have somebody else lined up, I would have also thought of better quality, otherwise PC wouldn't sell him and originally it would have been a firm rebuff to Cardiff - JR is not for sale........and that's not happened..

Just because someone says 'He's not for sale' doesn't mean they can no longer bid. We were told Thorne was not for sale and still got him. Bruce did an interview last month and said Ince is not for sale and we got him (Although the clause helped this one), Dyche has said Shackell isn't for sale and we're still going after him. Stop clinging onto the hope Russell will leave, we won't find many better wingers at this level for the £2 million (roughly) we'd receive for him

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because someone says 'He's not for sale' doesn't mean they can no longer bid. We were told Thorne was not for sale and still got him. Bruce did an interview last month and said Ince is not for sale and we got him (Although the clause helped this one), Dyche has said Shackell isn't for sale and we're still going after him. Stop clinging onto the hope Russell will leave, we won't find many better wingers at this level for the £2 million (roughly) we'd receive or him

Listen, if PC was not interested Cardiff would have been told that in no certain terms, but he hasn't, only that our valuation and Cardiffs are different, that is not a statement of he is not for sale.........as for your comment regarding GT - he told WBA he wasn't going back and it started  the ball rolling, as for Ince, there was a get out clause in his loan deal that we could trigger and we did.

There is one winger certainly alot better than JR and on a free.............

Listen, if PC was not interested Cardiff would have been told that in no certain terms, but he hasn't, only that our valuation and Cardiffs are different, that is not a statement of he is not for sale.........as for your comment regarding GT - he told WBA he wasn't going back and it started  the ball rolling, as for Ince, there was a get out clause in his loan deal that we could trigger and we did.

who is this winger you speak of?

Thorne went back and trained with West Brom before we signed him, he didn't tell them he wasn't going back, he told them he'd like to leave

It's Sako I imagine, who has wage demands of around 80k a week

the same sako that has priced himself out of moves to villa and west brom due to his wage demands?

he must be thinking of another player surely?

It's Sako I imagine, who has wage demands of around 80k a week

He certainly better than JR......

What actually matters is if JR is in PC's plans?

It certainly doesn't seem like it regarding the Cardiff online wales piece -so you don't know who is going and who is coming in the next few weeks - remember PC did say there were other in's and outs to take place before the window shuts.

There will be a number of wingers that those at the club will be looking before the Cardiff bids increases - and no doubt it won't be a 2 million player, as there would be no point in that. I personally think it would be a big player that would come in and 2 million towards either a fee or his wages if he's on a free!.

Would it be PC's call on valuation and whether to be interested or not? Thought that would be more Sam's territory with PC being given a chance to input from the purely playing side if he was asked for a view.

It certainly doesn't seem like it regarding the Cardiff online wales piece -so you don't know who is going and who is coming in the next few weeks - remember PC did say there were other in's and outs to take place before the window shuts.

There will be a number of wingers that those at the club will be looking before the Cardiff bids increases - and no doubt it won't be a 2 million player, as there would be no point in that. I personally think it would be a big player that would come in and 2 million towards either a fee or his wages if he's on a free!.

he may be better than Russell. I could list loads of players better than Russell that we have no chance of signing as well.

we he your player you mentioned?

Would it be PC's call on valuation and whether to be interested or not? Thought that would be more Sam's territory with PC being given a chance to input from the purely playing side if he was asked for a view.

If you are bringing in a coach from RD and paying him a million or 2 in wages. I would have thought the respect he would command at the club, he would be asked who he would want and who could go, hence why we haven't rebuffed the Cardiff bid completely.......... the wheeling and dealing side would be took up by Sam, yes.

Have you actually read the Wales Online piece you are referring to? Or just the headline 'Johnny Russell deal could go to the wire?' 

"Russell’s preferred option is to stay at Derby and impress new manager Paul Clement as the East Midlanders hope to banish the heartache of missing out on promotion for the last two seasons."

"Derby intend to hold onto Russell"

So we intent to hold onto Russell and he doesn't want to leave anyway. The Derby Telegraph have also put up an article today saying basically there's little to no chance we'd sell Russell. So Clement says he's not for sale, Russell wants to stay and Cardiff's offers are no where near an amount even to tempt Derby into selling. So why does any of this indicate to you Russell might be off?

If you are bringing in a coach from RD and paying him a million or 2 in wages. I would have thought the respect he would command at the club, he would be asked who he would want and who could go, hence why we haven't rebuffed the Cardiff bid completely.......... the wheeling and dealing side would be took up by Sam, yes.

That's likely an exaggeration on his wage. And no, he wouldn't "command the club" he's a coach not a manager. He has ZERO experience "managing" finances etc. and I would not want him having much of a say in it all. 

Cardiff would have pay at least 1.5x our valuation of Russell for us to consider accepting it, and even if we did it would then be up to Russell to accept the move, which he probably wont if he feels he has a chance of starting for Derby.

he may be better than Russell. I could list loads of players better than Russell that we have no chance of signing as well.

we he your player you mentioned?

Doesn't matter who lists who, what matters is ...does JR fit into PC's plans? Yes or No?

Everybody can guess, only PC and others within the club will know for sure.......

I see no point in selling JR for 2 million or whatever and bringing in another 2 million quality player - that makes no sense at all, hence why I think if and it is if, he does go, we might have a big name coming in.......

Doesn't matter who lists who, what matters is ...does JR fit into PC's plans? Yes or No?

Everybody can guess, only PC and others within the club will know for sure.......

I see no point in selling JR for 2 million or whatever and bringing in another 2 million quality player - that makes no sense at all, hence why I think if and it is if, he does go, we might have a big name coming in.......

agree.

was it sako though, the player on a free?

alan judge would be a good replacement. Loads of assists last season.

But what would be the point in that? Bring in another big name so one of our other big name signings, Ince or Weimann can sit on the bench? Why not keep Russell, a good Championship winger who's willing to fight for his spot and spend the money you want spending on a big name winger on our defence/holding midfield instead? It's our defence that needs strengthening, not an attack that was already one of the top scorers in the league for the past 2 seasons (even before the addition of Weimann)

PC would be daft not to have him in his plans at the moment. He's the only player to have scored this preseason!

Fact is, we currently have 3 'senior' players for 2 positions. Russell won't go anywhere, at least 2 come in for that place. Which I doubt will happen, when Albentosa has left and we were already looking at centre halves beforehand.

From what I saw at the Grimsby game, and heard of the Northampton game, JR is doing it right. Two new (ish, in Ince's case) signings have come in for his spot, and he has stepped up to the challenge. Granted, it sounds like the entire squad needs a kick up the arsenal, but he could have quite easily given in.

But what would be the point in that? Bring in another big name so one of our other big name signings, Ince or Weimann can sit on the bench? Why not keep Russell, a good Championship winger who's willing to fight for his spot and spend the money you want spending on a big name winger on our defence/holding midfield instead? It's our defence that needs strengthening, not an attack that was already one of the top scorers in the league for the past 2 seasons (even before the addition of Weimann)

No idea, you would have to ask PC......

That's likely an exaggeration on his wage. And no, he wouldn't "command the club" he's a coach not a manager. He has ZERO experience "managing" finances etc. and I would not want him having much of a say in it all.

Cardiff would have pay at least 1.5x our valuation of Russell for us to consider accepting it, and even if we did it would then be up to Russell to accept the move, which he probably wont if he feels he has a chance of starting for Derby.

Give your head a shake , who said anything about PC controlling finances I actually said.....

I still maintain that those in power at the club ask PC who he wants and who he doesn't, then Sam will do the dealing.....

Have you actually read the Wales Online piece you are referring to? Or just the headline 'Johnny Russell deal could go to the wire?' 

"Russell’s preferred option is to stay at Derby and impress new manager Paul Clement as the East Midlanders hope to banish the heartache of missing out on promotion for the last two seasons."

"Derby intend to hold onto Russell"

So we intent to hold onto Russell and he doesn't want to leave anyway. The Derby Telegraph have also put up an article today saying basically there's little to no chance we'd sell Russell. So Clement says he's not for sale, Russell wants to stay and Cardiff's offers are no where near an amount even to tempt Derby into selling. So why does any of this indicate to you Russell might be off?

WalesOnline understands the two clubs are currently “miles apart” when it comes to a valuation for the player but Cardiff plan to persevere – right up until the moment the window slams shut at 6pm on Tuesday, September 1

That statement does not say Derby have said he is not for sale!

For me it says if the price is right we can do a deal........

WalesOnline understands the two clubs are currently “miles apart” when it comes to a valuation for the player but Cardiff plan to persevere – right up until the moment the window slams shut at 6pm on Tuesday, September 1

That statement does not say Derby have said he is not for sale!

For me it says if the price is right we can do a deal........

Same goes for any player anywhere though.  If the price is right.....

Archived