The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI it will be flags only tonight, and they will only be in the South Stand.

Reason being we have fewer volunteers and less time to do it due to it being an evening kick off.

DCFC will be asking stewards and the announcer to remind people not to take flags, if anyone is in the South Stand tonight and you see someone leaving with one, it would be great if you could ask people not to!

Reason being we have fewer volunteers and less time to do it due to it being an evening kick off.

DCFC will be asking stewards and the announcer to remind people not to take flags, if anyone is in the South Stand tonight and you see someone leaving with one, it would be great if you could ask people not to!

I wish you luck tonight... 

Only reason the Collymore chant still gets going is because it's the only different one we have. I'd rather sing the Collymore one backwards than "Barmy Army".

The great thing about the Barmy Army song isn't the words, its that it gets everyone around the ground clapping. Even the West Stand. That's got to be better for the atmosphere than a few singing something that the majority of the crowd range from being not interested in to actively hating,

The great thing about the Barmy Army song isn't the words, its that it gets everyone around the ground clapping. Even the West Stand. That's got to be better for the atmosphere than a few singing something that the majority of the crowd range from being not interested in to actively hating,

It isn't good for the atmosphere, it's boring, generic and tragic.

Yes good luck. a bit like G Star said, from the East Stand three quarters along towards the north stand, it didn't really seem to be different, but it was the first time and can and will only get better as the ideas grow and everyone gets used to it.

I think what you're trying to do is excellent, and I really hope it works. 

One suggestion is that the flags were waved at the start of each half - might be better to get something going during a quiet period or when Derby are struggling a little/under some pressure. That's when the players need us and that's when it would have maximum impact. Guess there are issues of visability but just a thought.

Any of you lot away at Palce in BD's promotion season? Day we realised we wouldn't get automatics. Constant singing of 'We Are Derby' for 30/40 minutes, was awesome.

Only other thing like it I can remember was Burnley fans singing Jimmy Mullens Claret & Blue Army for the entire game at the BBG in the FA Cup.

Any of you lot away at Palce in BD's promotion season? Day we realised we wouldn't get automatics. Constant singing of 'We Are Derby' for 30/40 minutes, was awesome.

Only other thing like it I can remember was Burnley fans singing Jimmy Mullens Claret & Blue Army for the entire game at the BBG in the FA Cup.

Hairs standing up on the back of your neck time......

You might not like the chant, but this for me was one of the greatest moments supporting DCFC, losing 3-0, freezing cold on a terraced shed in Peterborough with 2 gay Americans attending their first ever "soccer" match and this is what we got for 40 minutes, including half time. Absolutely brilliant!!!

You might not like the chant, but this for me was one of the greatest moments supporting DCFC, losing 3-0, freezing cold on a terraced shed in Peterborough with 2 gay Americans attending their first ever "soccer" match and this is what we got for 40 minutes, including half time. Absolutely brilliant!!!

I remember this game, Legzdins let the ball in through his arms and Robinson hit the post when through on goal and we ended up losing 3-0 but didn't stop singing all game. I think we've been spoiled by good football in the past few seasons...

Problem is that black doesn't show up at all.

I’m not say all black just mostly black, look at cricket depending on the type of game they use white side screens or black side screens, sometimes a little white from a black background is more effective than a whole white background.  

This was the match that changed my opinion on standing at matches, before this game I hadn’t stood on a terrace for years and really didn’t won’t too, I like my seat and i like the view i get. But being on the terrace during that game was amazing rolled back the years. If ever that atmosphere can be recreated during a home game it’ll take the club back 30 years and maybe that isn't a bad thing.  

well if they weren't gay before, this image has got to have made them fancy trying a bit - just the once.

Keep up the good work 1884 group. Personally I'm happy to just turn up and watch but it's great that fans are trying to improve the atmosphere/'matchday experience'.

This thread got me thinking back to where we were as a support when I first started going with just my mates regularly and when I had a season ticket - roughly 2004 until 2011.

If I think back to 95% of those games and trying to get mates a ticket anywhere near stair 46 to be with the 300 or so singers we had, to be drowned out by 250 fans from Colchester with the occasional scarf twirl the only modicum of partizanship on display, it makes me pretty damn proud of the efforts folks have made to improve the atmosphere. The improvement is massive. We used to be forever saying, "wouldn't it be great if we had our own End" - a place where everyone could be rowdy together and there would be banners, flanges and scraves held aloft. Well now we have it and it's the duty of everyone in the South Stand to make sure it continues to progress.

I don't like some of what happens still, "Barmy Army... Barmy Army...", Dale Cavese will annoy me forever, and I'm a bit disappointed we pretty much never sing "We are Derby" or "Tired and Weary" or even that slow version of "Oh when the Rams" we used to do anymore. A few better individual player songs wouldn't go amiss either. But it has to be said the visual impact was brilliant on Saturday, and has been previously against Brighton in the Play-offs. I always thought my ideal of what an English home support could be like was impossible in these days of mass organisation, but Saturday looked like it could have been straight out of Spain 82 or Serie A in the mid 90's (minus the flares) and that is probably as close as I can ever hope for. The only challenge remaining for now is to replicate and better that visual impact on a semi-consistent basis and get the stand vociferously behind the team when we are a goal behind.

Well done to everyone involved - Nick, 1884 Group, Derby County, the fans who signed the petitions to claim the south stand as our own, anyone who made a flag, who took a scarf... onwards and upwards. Give it a bit of time and a decent season on the pitch and the South Stand can become one of the best End's in the country.

Right come on, JoetheRam is a top lad and I agree with him.

So here's a few player songs for starters. I'll start the ball rolling into their net.

“Oh Scott Carson, Scott Carson

Ain’t no Frank, ain’t no Willy,

Ain’t no joke, ain’t no jockey,

Got more punches than Ali and Rocky…….Oh Scott Carson, Scott Carson”……

“Lee Grant, Lee Grant better than a Rembrandt,

Lee Grant Lee Grant better than a Rembrandt,

He’s a proper footballing work of art,

Where’s Bywater?......what a tart”

“Bird or a plane?

No need to ask,

Super Chris Baird,

Gonna find a pass…… Gonna find a pass……. Gonna find a pass

Super Chris Baird… Gonna find a pass,

Bird or a plane?

No need to ask,

Super Chris Baird,

Gonna kick you @ss”

“Super, Super Jake, Super Jake Buxton”

“Cyrus Christie, Cyrus Christie, he’s never gonna miss me, when he hits me on the head, in every row z.”

“Oh Craig Forsyth, has a cat called Bruce,

Oh Craig Forsyth, has a cat called Bruce,

His cat’s pretty crap, can’t sing or dance, just flaps.

Oh Craig Forsyth, has a cat called Bruce”

“Jamie Hanson, Jamie Hanson, thinks Alan is a div.

Jamie Hanson, Jamie Hanson, thinks Alan is a div.

Jamie Hanson, Jamie Hanson, thinks Alan is a div.

Jamie Hanson, Jamie Hanson, thinks Alan is a div”

“Ricky Keogh, Ricky Keogh, he learnt it all in Rio

Ricky Keogh, Ricky Keogh, he learnt it all in Rio

Ricky Keogh, Ricky Keogh, he learnt it all in Rio

Ricky Keogh, Ricky Keogh, he learnt it all in Rio”

“Alex Pearce thinks Stuart’s a div.

Alex Pearce thinks Stuart’s a div.

Alex Pearce thinks Stuart’s a div.

Alex Pearce thinks Stuart’s a div.”

“Do the shake n vac Jason Shackell’s back

Do the shake n vac for our centre back

Do the shake n vac Jason Shackell’s back

Do the shake n vac for our centre back”

“Ryan Shotton but passed, it won’t be his last……….Ryan Shotton Ryan Shotton”

“Isak the Swede, is just what we need….Isak Ssewankamboo Isak Ssewankamboo”

“Stephen Warnock he’s now clean, he’s now clean, the Derby machine….. Stephen Warnock”

(ex Dirty Leeds)

“We’ve got Craig Bryson, We’ve got Craig Bryson, You’ve not, You’ve not….”

“I wanna hold ya, hold ya tight, get Jeff Hendrick kicks, right through the night…….”

(The Undertones, Teenage Kicks)

“Will Hughes play for England?, yes he Will, yes he Will, yes he Will, Our Will Hughes for England.

Our Will Hughes for England, Our Will Hughes for England, Our Will Hughes for England”

Incey Wincey Thomas, Incey Wincey Thomes, Incey Wincey Thomas, Incey Wincey Thomas

“Thorne in my side.
A Ram is all you ever were.
More than a bundle of ale & pies.

We got what we deserved.

He'll run away from you
Is what our Thorne will do

He’ll run away from you

Is what our Thorne will do”

(The Eurythmics)

“He’s Bent, he’s Bent, his @rse, is not for rent, Darren Bent, Darren Bent”

“Oh Simon Dawkins, Simon Dawkins he’s quicker than Stephen Hawking, than Stephen Hawking…..”

“Chris Martin is a man, Chris Martin is a man, he thinks Coldplay are ****, Chris Martin is a Ram.

“Now come on baby, come on baby!
Don't fall down on me now.
Just move it right here to the Johhny Russell
Huh, yeah, yeah, yeah, do the Harlem Shuffle.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, do the Johnny Russell”
(The Rolling Stones – The Harlem Shuffle)

Yodel hee, yodel ha,Andy’ going to score,

So we don’t have to yodel anymore.

Yodel hee, yodel ha,

Score so we don’t have to yodel anymore”

Andreas Weimann......Andreas Weimann

“DCFC, DCFC, DCFC, Clement time,

DCFC, DCFC, DCFC, Clement time,

Super Derby, Super Derby, Super Derby, Clement time,

Oh My Derby, Oh My Derby, Oh My Derby, Clement time”

(Oh My Darling Clementine)

“Pascal Zuberbuhler, Pascal Zuberbuhler, Pascal Zuberbuhler give us a wave….and a watch”

“Darren Bent Will ALWAYS Score HALLELUUUUYA

Martins bound to get one more HALLELUUUUYA

Incey Bangs em in from wide HALLELUUUUYA

Connor Sammon is onside HALLELUUUUYA”

(To Row The Boat Ashore….Private Derby’s Classico)

Plus all of Utch’s one minute wonders and now we’ve got loads of songs.

Ermmmm surely one of these songs must be worth singing…..

C’mon Rams fans sing your hearts out for the boys.

Archived