FA Cup

Mr. P

Just watching 'FA Cup's 50 greatest moments' on BBC 2. The competition may have lost the interest perhaps due to The Premier League & Champions League, but you can't deny it still has that bit of magic that the other competitions lack. 

For me the first cup final I remember & still the best for me is the '87 final between Spurs & Coventry. Incredible match. 

Favourite goal has got to be Gazzas free kick against Arsenal. But there's so many great goals throughout the years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMaIUSeRxA

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's that Pearce guy having a go? He's got Warnock sent off there, look. 

I'd never accept a player like that at Derby

​Probably asking Warnock for a tip of leadership etc :ph34r:

The last FA Cup match I really enjoyed was probably the West Ham United 3-3 Liverpool match. I think the one with the most quality was the Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool when Michael Owen scored two goals. 

But too many times over the years it has been too predictable, or too one-sided. Wigan beating Manchester City was good for football, but it wasn't half a drab game.

The Chelsea vs Liverpool and Manchester United finals over the years have been utterly dreadful too. I can't remember the last final between two of the top six which was actually any good - probably that Arsenal vs Liverpool one.

Arsenal vs Aston Villa just doesn't whet the appetite at all. Seems just too one-sided, and an Aston Villa 'shock' win would probably result in a boring 1-0 spectacle. Lose-Lose.

Prefer the "tv view" of the old Wembley, something magic about that..players walking out, crowd, the games themselves. The view at the new one could be any Premiership ground. Too zoomed in close to the pitch. Maybe it's because the advertising has to be seen.

BT Sport or BBC to watch the game ? 

Im going BT Sport 

​BBC mate... With Somersby beers and my missus ordering kebabs etc soon. :)

Archived