SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​Not trying to defend other people BUT he would have seen Eibar play Real once when albentosa was there right? Since he left in Jan so can assume half way through season so once? Then allow for maybe 2/3 full games which the 2nd in charge might watch? Much more likely he'd have a scout do it and give him a report... Plus why would you focus on a single player, who is NOT a danger man, when you're Real going up against Eibar?

Rather than trying to be funny maybe listen to people's points and give them a think over? Emphasis on trying...

Stick to Bat stuff is my suggestion. You clearly have no understanding of the amount of analysis that goes into top flight football.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whereas if shotton and warnock have a good pre season you'll write them off?

Slate is clean for all players. Maybe bennett will get a chance 

​Shotton will have to play in defence and goal on his own, keep a clean sheet, score a hattrick and save a baby from a burning building in a single half, then perform a one-man half time performance of Hamlet, come out in the second half and score a flying bicycle kick from his own half AND maintain the clean sheet whilst not using his hands or feet (even to stand on) before I'll be convinced...

That or look even halfway decent for at least a full game...

on Albentosa ...

Very impressed by Albentosa versus Chesterfield, but I've a bit of a different take. In that game - which came when Derby were flying high - he showed some real confidence and class as the centre back among 3, with Keogh on his right, and he hit one wayward pass as i recall, but otherwise was always looking to pass and thread balls from the back. He was even dictating things commanding people (lord knows in what language). Then he was pulled at half time by McClaren to go with a different formation. It was not a good move by McClaren imho. A nice debut and for him, but the was probably thinking, 'what did i do wrong?' 'why was i taken out?' Surely a slight knock on his confidence, and a sense that he might just be a 'part time player'. 

The next time he is put in to the team its a totally different feel. Our team confidence is low, we are struggling and making defensive mistakes. He's told to play in the back and not to make errors!  That translates to 'dont take chances.'  Now much more timid, and unsure of his role, with a lower team morale evident he makes the choice to just clear the ball and avoid errors. He grabs people and hoofs, and as others have said he's not sure who to pass to as players keep changing positions. Basically, he's thrown in at the deep end, with a mandate to just not make an error. It all goes pear shaped, and he's seen (rightly so) by all of us as a hoofball merchant. 

Perhaps this was McClaren's doing - did he handle the whole thing wrongly and fail to inspire any confidence in a nervous new Spanish defender. I saw enough to know that he could be another powerful dominant European centre half (ala Mertesacker or Hyppia), but surely he has to be inspired and supported, and feel like he's a key player. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he becomes the Captain of the team and Clement shows what McClaren could not - how to motivate a player who for Eibar carried his team defensively. I was unimpressed like everyone else - by our standards he was woeful - but he was thrown randomly into side that had lost its way. He never knew when he would play and when he wouldn't. Perhaps he could be a real diamond for us if handled properly.

​He hasn't been woeful, he has just been below average, what is perfectly fine when you consider that he has just moved to a foreign country where he does not know the language and hasn't even had a pre season. 

​I'll stand by woeful. For instance, first goal vs Reading. Will Hughes plays him a soft pass and puts him in trouble, he hesitates, gets done and is left for dead, bang, 1-0. We never recovered. In that situation, Bucko reacts and clears everything out, ball, man, the works. Maybe yellow card, but danger over.

I accept there's more to come, and I hope he starts to show it, but for me he's been unspeakably bad so far. Not even looked like a pro, as in when Graeme Souness got conned into signing that lad for Southampton who was just a random bloke from Algeria or somewhere. That bad.

​I'll stand by woeful. For instance, first goal vs Reading. Will Hughes plays him a soft pass and puts him in trouble, he hesitates, gets done and is left for dead, bang, 1-0. We never recovered. In that situation, Bucko reacts and clears everything out, ball, man, the works. Maybe yellow card, but danger over.

I accept there's more to come, and I hope he starts to show it, but for me he's been unspeakably bad so far. Not even looked like a pro, as in when Graeme Souness got conned into signing that lad for Southampton who was just a random bloke from Algeria or somewhere. That bad.

If Albentosa hasn't looked like a pro I dread to think what your opinions are on Shotton and Warnock! 

If Albentosa hasn't looked like a pro I dread to think what your opinions are on Shotton and Warnock! 

​Warnock looks like what he probably is, an old pro who knows what to do, but the tools to get the job done have long since gone blunt and rusty or been lost for good.

Shotton has been disappointing, as I'd got high hopes when he signed given the length of time he's been apparently stealing a living in the Prem. The single astonishing thing about him is that we had 6 months of try before you buy, then still bought him. Perhaps the most unforgivable cock up of the McClaren transfer windows.

I'd still maintain Albentosa has been, on displays I've seen, the worst of the lot. But I'm sure he can improve; the other two, not so sure.

Can't agree with that. Albentosa has certainly been underwhelming up to press but I can't recall him making a massive cock-up like many of our other defenders. 

​I agree. People were quick to blame him for missing his tackle in the Reading game which led directly to the first goal, but only because they couldn't bring themselves to blame Will Hughes for the dreadful hospital pass which suckered him in the first place.

Stick to Bat stuff is my suggestion. You clearly have no understanding of the amount of analysis that goes into top flight football.

​Just because I'm a one man team (taking down crims and busting heads) doesn't mean Real Madrid are... Is my point...

Or do you think Clement personally watches every game played across the year by all teams? At a team the size of Madrid?

I heard a rumour from an Arsenal fan mate that the scouting team they have is almost the same size as the first team squad... I would imagine Real would have the same...

​That was some kid who was touted as George Weahs "cousin". George" himself rang Souness. Was put on as a sub once, played so badly was substituted and never seen again.

Ever so funny as a hoax - that story was on the local news for weeks down here.

​I think your imagination is in overload to lay some blame where there was none. Hughes played a poor pass that played the Reading player through. No hesitation from Albentosa, he was at a starting point 2 metres further away from the pass than the Reading player was. Albentosa did the right thing in going round the back of Keogh who only had to hold the forward up. Just delay him for a couple of seconds, just stay on his feet square on to him, give him the option of going to the line or put it back across the goal where Albentosa was. What Keogh thought was a better idea was to go sliding past the forward on his ass and give him a free shot. Two seasons running in vital games that man has let the team down with his ineptitude. I can forgive Hughes for the lousy pass; he doesn't make many, but my God!!! Keogh behaved like a 12 year old with his defending.

​I think your imagination is in overload to lay some blame where there was none. Hughes played a poor pass that played the Reading player through. No hesitation from Albentosa, he was at a starting point 2 metres further away from the pass than the Reading player was. Albentosa did the right thing in going round the back of Keogh who only had to hold the forward up. Just delay him for a couple of seconds, just stay on his feet square on to him, give him the option of going to the line or put it back across the goal where Albentosa was. What Keogh thought was a better idea was to go sliding past the forward on his ass and give him a free shot. Two seasons running in vital games that man has let the team down with his ineptitude. I can forgive Hughes for the lousy pass; he doesn't make many, but my God!!! Keogh behaved like a 12 year old with his defending.

​Cant agree with this at all bcn. Hughes of course hit the bad pass. It was Albentosa's man who nipped in. Keogh sprinted across and back from right side centre back position trying to make up ground on the Reading forward. He lunged in to block the possible initial shot. The Reading guy cut inside.........good play from him. Raul was way behind his man when he stroked it in. Just to say that to suggest that Keogh could somehow sprint at full speed just to even get to the reading guy then "hold him up" is just not possible. Look at it again. Raul was slow to deal with Hughes terrible pass and/or slow to deal with his man.

​Cant agree with this at all bcn. Hughes of course hit the bad pass. It was Albentosa's man who nipped in. Keogh sprinted across and back from right side centre back position trying to make up ground on the Reading forward. He lunged in to block the possible initial shot. The Reading guy cut inside.........good play from him. Raul was way behind his man when he stroked it in. Just to say that to suggest that Keogh could somehow sprint at full speed just to even get to the reading guy then "hold him up" is just not possible. Look at it again. Raul was slow to deal with Hughes terrible pass and/or slow to deal with his man.

​We clearly not going to agree on Richard 'Mr Disaster' Keogh'. Once the Reading player got free of Raul - as he should have done given the start he had - he became Keogh's man. I am hoping that once the new head coach sees the Reading game and others such as the Chelsea game, he puts Keogh straight onto the 'not required' list. I am happy that I am 100% correct with my assessment.

Blimey, I did get a bit carried away there didn't I.  What was I thinking. Bloody Spain being somehow forward thinking at football. Bl**dy Dagos have no idea when I think about it. Clement would have only seen him when they played Eibar, because they don't do scouting or match preparation over there. They haven't even had Matchos of the Deyo on over there, because they have no TVs either.  I spoke to one of my Spanish mates about you, and he said you were a Pinche Idiota. Not sure what that means, but even though he is from a backward land my guess is that he isn't too far away from the mark.

Why would the assistant manager at Real Madrid take much notice of a centre half at Eibar really? Albesntosa was only in the top flight for half a season. He will know of him a bit about him but how do we know he also hasn't been studying the English game as that's where he was always going to come back to try his hand at management.

Always shows class when someone has to call people names.

I've looked at it totally Hughes fault. 

​Just because I'm a one man team (taking down crims and busting heads) doesn't mean Real Madrid are... Is my point...

Or do you think Clement personally watches every game played across the year by all teams? At a team the size of Madrid?

I heard a rumour from an Arsenal fan mate that the scouting team they have is almost the same size as the first team squad... I would imagine Real would have the same...

Ok but my point is not dissimilar being that Clement, through that Real network, will have a much better idea, or will have some access to a dossier of Albentosa's strengths and weaknesses than many of us humble Ram fans who have seen him just a few times. I still think that whatever conclusion Clement comes to regarding Albentosa is key to who will be coming or going this summer.

Why would the assistant manager at Real Madrid take much notice of a centre half at Eibar really? Albesntosa was only in the top flight for half a season. He will know of him a bit about him but how do we know he also hasn't been studying the English game as that's where he was always going to come back to try his hand at management.

Always shows class when someone has to call people names.

Sorry for my mate's lack of class. I will have a word.

Archived