Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Villa be back in for Hendrick now that Delph is heading to Man City?  And does that mean Bridcutt is back on?

Probably not, but it's always worth a bit of idle speculation?

No.

Just watching Man city v Melbourne city. Melbourne have a French winger called Harry Novillo, came through at Lyon. Very quick & skillfull looks a real threat to city.

I watched the match as well. He was very unlucky not to score with that piece of skill he did before he was subbed off

Man City set to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham for 5m plus 6m in add ons and look to loan him out to a Champ club...would take him on loan here

That's a ridiculous sum for a player that hasn't scored in a single goal in the championship. The ince deal looks good now

Man City set to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham for 5m plus 6m in add ons and look to loan him out to a Champ club...would take him on loan here

Why?

because he is a very good young footballer and can play out wide where we are short on numbers, will be difficult to find loans who dont expect to start every game and he wouldnt expect it

I doubt Man City would loan us a youngster they've just spent a lot of money on knowing he'd sit on the bench most weeks

I doubt Man City would loan us a youngster they've just spent a lot of money on knowing he'd sit on the bench most weeks

would be similar to Pozo who we have been linked with...Liverpool did it with Ibe and Chelsea with Bamford...they have to earn a place not just walk into a starting eleven

You'll all think me mad, but the player to guarantee promotion would be Vidic. Only one year older than Shackell and not getting a lot of game time at Inter, especially since their change of manager to Mancini. This is the type of signing I've mentioned we need in the various Shackell threads. I expect any transfer fee would be less than Burnley want. Of course wages would be high, but there would be commercial spinoffs.

A player who's done everything, he would command massive respect and might fancy a "project" in terms of establishing Derby as a Premier League club, working with a great coach like PC.

I hope this is Nixon's biggie that we're working on in the background.

You'll all think me mad, but the player to guarantee promotion would be Vidic. Only one year older than Shackell and not getting a lot of game time at Inter, especially since their change of manager to Mancini. This is the type of signing I've mentioned we need in the various Shackell threads. I expect any transfer fee would be less than Burnley want. Of course wages would be high, but there would be commercial spinoffs.

A player who's done everything, he would command massive respect and might fancy a "project" in terms of establishing Derby as a Premier League club, working with a great coach like PC.

I hope this is Nixon's biggie that we're working on in the background.

The biggie we're supposedly working on would break out transfer record again according to Nixon, so the transfer fee would be higher than Shackell's. Vidic will probably end up in the MLS or over in China where they'll be willing to pay him 100k or more

would be similar to Pozo who we have been linked with...Liverpool did it with Ibe and Chelsea with Bamford...they have to earn a place not just walk into a starting eleven

Good point, but when both Ibe and Bamford came in they had to fight for a spot on the wings with Ward, Dawkins and Russell. They were much more likely to break into the team because Ward and Russell had injury problems and Dawkins was inconsistent on the wing. Any young winger brought in this season would have to out perform Ince, Weimann and a seemingly new and improved Russell, which would prove difficult. I'd love Roberts to come in and be our 4th winger, but unfortunately I just can't see any big teams loaning their young wingers to us (unless Ince, Weimann or Russell get injured) because it's so unlikely they'd get much game time

Archived