Plan of Action (Summer 2015)

Here goes...

Goalkeeper:
Would be tempted by a new keeper as Grant's form did dip in the last few months but my feeling is to focus on other areas. Roos continues as back-up.

Right Back:
PRIORITY - would keep Christie as a back up & a good option for home games but a right back who is good defensively has to be targeted, Andre Wisdom would be my preferred choice, am open to any other possibilities?

Left Back:
Forsyth had a couple of bad little runs in form and Warnock can be caught out but my feeling is a quality left sided centre back would really aid the left back position too.

Centre Half:
Keogh would be my right sided CH. I would sell Albentosa back to Spain - I'm not saying he can't make it but this is the avenue I would choose. I would retain Jake, Shotton (not a fan but his versatility is a minor help) and Rawson as backups. I would sign a top quality Championship left sided centre half - Shackell (if his personality is in check) would be high on the list but again am open to sensible suggestions?

Defensive Midfield:
Hopefully Mr Thorne can stay fit. I would offer Eustace a player coach contract but I'm not sure what he wants at this stage of his career. Hanson is obviously a back-up but I would look for a leader type who can play as a defensive or orthodox midfielder. Joey Barton & Wolves' Kevin McDonald would be on my shopping list (Barton's wage demands could be too much). I've seen someone suggest Chesterfield's Sammy Morsy, who really impressed me in the cup game but he might not be the right option at the moment.

Midfield:
Retain Hughes (although a 15 million bid would be difficult to reject), Bryson and Dawkins. I feel the club has to bring in some money somewhere & selling Hendrick for 3-5 million would be my solution. I do think Hendrick can become a consistent goal scoring midfielder but he could go the other way too, it's a big decision & I know McClaren is a fan of his but I would sell now and replace with a more experienced player (see above).

Wingers/Wide Players:
Russell, Dawkins are the current options here. I would sign Ince but only if the terms and price is right. He is still young and can sometimes be abit predictable but the upside is obvious. If we cannot sign Ince, I would target a strong goalscoring winger (someone like Sakho but not, as i'm not a fan and it looks like he's off to the Prem anyway) and sign the hottest young loanee as another option. Hopefully either Bennett or Calero can take a step forward too.

Forwards:
Retain Martin. Love Sammon's attitude but would sell. Not sure how easy it will be to sign Bent but I would offer him a two year deal (with a 1 year option) with plenty of bonus incentives. I would also sign (or loan) a forward who can hold up the ball well as an alternate for Martin - doesn't have to have the best goalscoring record. If we cannot sign Bent, a pure goalscoring option would be nice. Thomas and Bennett are younger options.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one don't feel that my life has been hindered in any way by reading this thread so Inter Politics, I wouldn't worry about it mate.

There are many posts which class as "stupid posts", a couple of which contained in this thread....but yours IP isn't one of em.

Don't let the moronic bully boys get to ya.

Haha abit harsh mate.

I was going to post in one of the other threads but none of them quite suited what I wanted to say.

Haha but you're bit harsh on Raul though. 

I for one don't feel that my life has been hindered in any way by reading this thread so Inter Politics, I wouldn't worry about it mate.

There are many posts which class as "stupid posts", a couple of which contained in this thread....but yours IP isn't one of em.

Don't let the moronic bully boys get to ya.

Woooooosh. 

Haha but you're bit harsh on Raul though. 

​Nothing against Albentosa at all and acknowledged that I think it could work but that is the way I would go - for me he either starts (probably in place of Keogh, which I'm sure many would think is the best course of action) or goes back. I say go back as I would go for Keogh and a quality centre half who is comfortable on the left side but am happy to be proven wrong if he stays and it works out well for all.

​Nothing against Albentosa at all and acknowledged that I think it could work but that is the way I would go - for me he either starts (probably in place of Keogh, which I'm sure many would think is the best course of action) or goes back. I say go back as I would go for Keogh and a quality centre half who is comfortable on the left side but am happy to be proven wrong if he stays and it works out well for all.

Fair point and hope Raul prove everyone wrong, Raul need to be on right side of CB and need defence to settle rather changing every week which is doesn't help at all unless injury and suspensions. Tbh I think Mac will sort that out anyway. 

We won't be able to sell Sammon. He's decent enough that someone might buy him, but no one will match his current wages. He's here for another season unless we cancel his contract.

Keogh's got the ability, but I'd question his captaincy. The defence was an utter mess for the final two months and even though, individually, he was rarely at fault it's his job as captain to marshal that back line and boost the confidence or kick the ****of under-performing players.

I don't understand why everyone in Derby still seems to have a raging stiffy for Shackell. Oh please God, let us sign a 31 year old who played well in a very average championship side for one season. If we have the money to spend on Shackell there are younger and better central defensive options knocking about.

I don't understand why everyone in Derby still seems to have a raging stiffy for Shackell. Oh please God, let us sign a 31 year old who played well in a very average championship side for one season. If we have the money to spend on Shackell there are younger and better central defensive options knocking about.

​Quite right.

We should go for a Lewis Dunk. I'm not sure whether this is a player or a form of East Sussex waterboarding but what the hell.......

Archived