I thought I'd Be More Disappointed

I am now actually relieved its gone tits up, I have put my rose tinted glasses away until August!

Expect Mac to be gone in weeks, Warburton to come in after his playoffs are done, then our defence needs a massive overhaul.

Need to look for a new striker now that Bent as gone, hopefully Ince will stay.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viewing the intitial post I think you'd (as in any team) would want to be a part of the play-offs regardless of form.   It's simply three games against another opposition (who will also be feeling the pressure) and in that all things are possible.     Why beat yourselves up ?  For the most part you've had a very good season, been part of the top six for nearly the entire time and on that alone - deserve to participate.

Our record is atrocious (losing in '97, '98, '99, '04 and '05 with only one success in between) but still looking ahead after today and just relief to be involved.  Once again I don't think we will win the damn thing but just being involved after today is good enough and an achievement in itself.

​The difference is, Ipswich have been ticking over nicely and for the most part have been a difficult team to beat.

We have not just been below par recently but we look like a side that has never played together. It goes beyond poor form in a sense and I can imagine us getting humiliated.

Better for the players and the fans to spare us that and then come back stronger next season.

Glad I'm not the only one to feel a sense of relief. Everything in life is relative. I got the all clear for cancer during the week, put today's result in perspective. We love our club and will return stronger. We Are Derby , Super Rams. SSA!!! Keep the faith

​That's made my day - great stuff. 

So have all the posters that were saying over the last 2-3 months that everything is fine and Derby will get promoted crawled into a cave and will only reappear in August?

Can only be thankful to Reading for putting a suffering cat out of its misery.

I think the same, this season was a dog's life; started as a puppy, loads of fun and energy. A couple of months ago it's sight began to go and today it finally became a blind incontinent cripple emptying it's bowels on the living room floor. Quick trip to the vet, fond memories but no more extreme stress.

On to next season.

Last year I felt sick, we all did. Today it just seems inevitable. it's been a horrific few months - it's felt as bad as the season under Nigel where we went from 4th to 19th in the second half of the season. The dog analogy works for me - last season was the pup and young dog, today putting to sleep.

Great thread. I'm not disappointed or angry in any way, shape or form. Potentially a new manager and wholesale changes to the team this summer. Plenty to be excited about. A new era is upon us!! 

To paraphrase Shankley some people think football is a matter of life and death.... but I know it's more important than that.

It is how we all feel for most of the time. But just remember Colin Bloomfield and know after all.... it's just a game. We love DCFC but it's just a game we love. COYR.

after the past 2 months ...cant see how anyone can be disappointed ....   looking back  imo    we could see it coming but didnt want to accept our fate on the final day .....     if we had got the point needed .. couldnt see us  getting results against Boro/Norwich  over two legs

Archived