Derby County vs Reading

Carl Sagan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​What does McClaren have to do with that and what is your problem? Is he meant to be in control of Hughes' body now?

​The buck stops with the manager or have you not learnt that yet?

If Derby fail to finish in the top 6 what would you do...give McClaren a pat on the back and say well done?

He has to be the one held accountable for Derby's woeful, yes woeful form.

If Derby fail to finish in the top 6 what would you do...give McClaren a pat on the back and say well done?

But then equally he has to be held responsible for the glittering form we've shown for the majority of his tenure. 

But then equally he has to be held responsible for the glittering form we've shown for the majority of his tenure. 

​The majority?

Glittering form?

Half of our wins this season we've played poorly and we've been saying on this forum 'WoW, just imagine when we start playing well!'.

Granted, we have played well in parts but I would not say we've played much glittering football.

And let's face it...it looks like coming to nothing.

​If, and it's still a big if, we fail to make the top six, it'll have been a huge failure for me. 

McClaren can only do so much. If the players go out and make inexcusable (your word, not mine) mistakes, then I think it's the players that should be held accountable. Your vitriol towards McClaren is getting boring 

​If, and it's still a big if, we fail to make the top six, it'll have been a huge failure for me. 

McClaren can only do so much. If the players go out and make inexcusable (your word, not mine) mistakes, then I think it's the players that should be held accountable. Your vitriol towards McClaren is getting boring 

My vitriol?! What...three or four posts about McLaren in the last two years.

The players performance is down to McClaren and McClaren only.

He picks the team, organises the tactics, buys the players in etc.

When he came here, his reputation was in the toilet as a head coach and he has done little to enhance that. Getting bored are you...it's my opinion and the league table is backing me up.

I still say we'll be OK today though as we're at home to one of the worst clubs in the league and an out of form one at that.

My vitriol?! What...three or four posts about McLaren in the last two years.

The players performance is down to McClaren and McClaren only.

He picks the team, organises the tactics, buys the players in etc.

When he came here, his reputation was in the toilet as a head coach and he has done little to enhance that. Getting bored are you...it's my opinion and the league table is backing me up.

​You've had at least three or four digs at him in the past few days. 

You honestly sound happy about that. Also, given that he's being linked to every Premier League job under the sun, and is seriously wanted by Newcastle, his reputation has obviously been enhanced.

​You've had at least three or four digs at him in the past few days. 

You honestly sound happy about that. Also, given that he's being linked to every Premier League job under the sun, and is seriously wanted by Newcastle, his reputation has obviously been enhanced.

As I said, three or four times. Thank you for confirming that.

Regarding him being linked to other clubs, it's speculation merely speculation.

Let's face it, there's speculation linking Will Hughes to Liverpool.

Papers spout nonsense and folks like you seemingly fall for it.

As I said, three or four times. Thank you for confirming that.

Regarding him being linked to other clubs, it's speculation merely speculation.

Let's face it, there's speculation linking Will Hughes to Liverpool.

Papers spout nonsense and folks like you seemingly fall for it.

​At least. Past few days, past few years, what's the difference eh. 

Whether McClaren is leaving is speculation, it's pretty much a fact that Newcastle want him. In fact, it is a fact. McClaren said so in the Q&A. That you can't even admit that says quite a lot about you. 

'Folks like you' - Hahaha. You did pretty well, but I think you've got a little more condescension in you if you try.  

​At least. Past few days, past few years, what's the difference eh. 

Whether McClaren is leaving is speculation, it's pretty much a fact that Newcastle want him. In fact, it is a fact. McClaren said so in the Q&A. That you can't even admit that says quite a lot about you. 

'Folks like you' - Hahaha. You did pretty well, but I think you've got a little more condescension in you if you try.  

It's speculation. That is all. There has been nothing official come out of DCFC or NUFC.

And let's face it...Mike Ashley managerial appointments are pretty left field and at the minute, you couldn't get more left field than appointing McClaren.

You will not find a single geordie that would want him up there...not one apart from Ashley.

Archived