67 y.o Blackpool fan sued £20,000

RamFan13

Frank Knight is a 67 year old Blackpool fan who has been sued for £20,000 by club chairman Karl Oyston for comments made online questioning the way his club is being ran.

Frank has followed Blackpool over 40 years and has apologized for for his passionate online rant, witnessed by all 34 of his online friends on Facebook, and fully retracted his statements.

Despite this the Oyston family, worth over £100m, will be claiming £20,000 from Mr. Knight. A lot of money for anyone, especially a 67 year old, retired OAP.

http://www.gofundme.com/s5bbb8r

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He won't win that.

the law may be stupid but its not that stupid.

oysten would have to prove that he had suffered loss as a direct consequence of those comments, and there is no way he would want to be questioned in court over his running of the club.

he's just enjoying upsetting someone who has upset him.

the action will be dropped and he will try to look good as a result.

Basically according to Back Henry Street (who the Oystons are also suing) he settled out of court for the sum of £20,000 and issued a grovelling apology (aka he signed an apology which looks like it could have been written by Oyston's lawyers).

If it had gone to court it could have been far worse don't mess around. They are trying to claim £150,000 from another fan for "……damaging the club".

okay guys, not going to lock the thread but be careful what you post on here. Wouldn't want any of ours in court. (slightly edited a post, might have been a little OTT by me but hope you understand why)

​Quite understandable to be cautious - that's why I was dead careful regarding what I posted. It doesn't matter whether they would win in court or not - it is the fact that they are prepared to take fans to court and that they have the financial clout to ruin opponents by tying everything up in litigation, sending the costs through the roof, that makes it impossible to take them on. These guys are worth £100 million, and to them, the cost of a trial in order to vindicate their 'good name and that of Blackpool FC' by ruining an opponent would be well worth the hassle just to silence the opposition. To them, it's a game of 3 card brag - and they are going to continue to bet 'blind' because everyone else will run out of cash before they do.

Frank needs to come off Facebook - 67 year old being trendy is sooo not cool.  You old boys stick together, but if you two are going to be on anything I suggest Commode. 

​He only had 34 'friends'.

That means they cost him £588 each.

The Blackpool fans should unite and boycott the club. Its the only way they'll rid themselves of the ownership. If enough of them stop going it'll happen. 

If the majority carry on turning up then the owners aren't as unpopular as some seem to think.

Good to see folks have already raised over 16 grand :)

​Yes - some fairly high-profile people have now waded in (Russell Brand and Rachel Riley to name two - actually if you are counting it in tits that's three) so there has been plenty of publicity over the last day or two.

The Blackpool fans should unite and boycott the club. Its the only way they'll rid themselves of the ownership. If enough of them stop going it'll happen. 

If the majority carry on turning up then the owners aren't as unpopular as some seem to think.

​I think that's what they are trying to do, Utch (many have already sworn not to put another penny in the Oystons' coffers), although there is a major protest in the offing to accompany the last match of the season. After they played us earlier in the season, Karl Oyston famously said "Judge me at the end of the season". Consequently it is being referred to as "Judgment Day". 

They should not buy their normal tickets fur the penultimate game and instead donate the money to this guy. 

Then turn up on the last day and protest the **** out of him. 

Archived