Submitting Posts

Chris Mills

Whenever I click "Submit Post" on a topic nothing happens (The screen doesn't refresh, it gives me no indication that it has posted etc). Then if I try click it again it tells me that I cannot post for 20 seconds. If I manually refresh the page it shows that the post has actually been posted though, not sure if others are experiencing similar issues?

Also, I'm finding that if I click "quote" and then decide I do not want to quote that post it will not let me delete it. It allows me to delete the text from said persons quote but not the quote itself. I have seen others with this issue too, am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to remove a quote, ctrl + a then delete, ctrl + a again and delete.

Or if on mobile, select all and delete twice.

First time you delete it will remove the quote text, second time will remove the quote box.

Whenever I click "Submit Post" on a topic nothing happens (The screen doesn't refresh, it gives me no indication that it has posted etc). Then if I try click it again it tells me that I cannot post for 20 seconds. If I manually refresh the page it shows that the post has actually been posted though, not sure if others are experiencing similar issues?

Same with me. End up having to delete duplicates leading to a fear of not pressing the submit button. Had to press it 4 times on me last post, hence why I'm in here.

Same I think it has posted yet screen doesn't refresh. I know I pressed it so I have to refresh and I was right the post is now showing. If I select submit again it shows a error displaying I need to wait before posting again on the thread.

The plugin I have that changes the way the pages load is effecting the submit reply button, working on fixing it now

Disable the plugin people moan it's too slow

Enable the plugin people moan posts are not going through, have explained this tho, hit submit reply once and even tho it doesn't appear to have been posted it has

Just to update here:

If you post a reply when you are not on the last page of the topic the post button will appear not to do anything, the post is still made tho.

It also happens if the post is the one that takes the topic to a new page.

15 posts per page so you can figure out if it will work or not. I have contacted the plugin creator and told him of the issue, hopefully be fixed soon.

just to add to what Daveo says, if you're on page 3 of 5 pages and you decide to post at the bottom of that page, you won't think your post is added. You need to be at the bottom of the last page, having it recently refreshed, if you want to see your post pop up at the bottom of the screen!

Archived