How can the juggernaut of doom and gloom be arrested?

So we are in agreement all is not good. I've accepted Macca is off at the end of the season regardless but what can be done to at least stumble into the top 6 starting with tomoz?

1. Forsyth out/ Warnock in

2. Christie out/ Hendrick in

3. 4-2-3-1 with Hanson and Will at the base

4. Front 4 of Ince, Lingard and Bryso with CM leading the line

Granted a good few changes but very much needed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best way to avoid it is not to get too sucked into what the bookies say at the start of the season, or to get too carried away at the end of february. i'd  be surprised if this season hasnt totally fizzled out for us. disappointing, but thats the way the bee bumbles, thats football as mcClaren says. really dont want to scrape up this season and have our arris handed to us evry game up at the dizzy heights. we're in good shape, but we have to wait until its our turn to celebrate. i get the feeling people thought it was our turn to celebrate before we even kicked a ball this season. it really doesnt work like that. and thankfully not.

Realisation that autos won't happen might take the pressure off the players? More free? 

I think we'll play 4-2-2-2 

Grant

Hendrick Keogh Shotton Forsyth

Bryson Hughes

Ince Russell

Bent Martin

Based on his post match interview Mac was impressed with Jeff at RB, and I think he'll play him there. If not, Shotts RB and Raul CH. It's an attacking team but I think McClaren will go for. Similar to Wolves. Hopefully we'll get the rub of the green this time

Roos in goal. 

I don't like the idea of Hendrick at right-back, and clearly Christie and Shotton aren't good enough, so I would go with Will Hughes. He likes to tackle and can make a pass. 

In defence, although he was probably our best against Watford, Keogh still isn't good enough. I would start Barker and Albentosa. 

Left-back, I would go with Shotton as we will need Warnock at the base of our midfield.

In the central of midfield, I would try Martin and Bent to confuse the opposition defence and allow our quicker players to attack. 

For a front three, I would try Lingard up top. Russell and Ince outwide. 

Roos; Hughes, Barker, Albentosa, Shotton; Warnock, Bent, Martin; Lingard, Russell, Ince.

Keogh, Forsyth and Christie to be left out of the squad indefinitely. 

It couldn't do any worse. 

Roos in goal. 

I don't like the idea of Hendrick at right-back, and clearly Christie and Shotton aren't good enough, so I would go with Will Hughes. He likes to tackle and can make a pass. 

In defence, although he was probably our best against Watford, Keogh still isn't good enough. I would start Barker and Albentosa. 

Left-back, I would go with Shotton as we will need Warnock at the base of our midfield.

In the central of midfield, I would try Martin and Bent to confuse the opposition defence and allow our quicker players to attack. 

Roos; Hughes, Barker, Albentosa, Shotton; Warnock, Bent, Martin; Lingard, Russell, Ince.

Roos in goal. 

Archived