Fantastic support; attendances

Uptherams

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive numbers.

Shame most of the time our actual support is absolutely rubbish.

5 live commented on it multiple time last night that our moans and groans, general negativity and nervousness had spread to the players and noticeably got to them. 

We make a lot of noise when we're doing well and putting teams to the sword - there's not many grounds better in this division, but when the players actually need it, our fans are diabolical.

I don't expect a wall of noise every game but general encouragement rather than constant criticism and shouts of "gerrit forward" and "too easy Derby" would probably help. Yes it can be frustrating but negative energy is wasted energy, positive thinking brings its own rewards.

Excellent attendances, very average support.

I know I keep on saying it but last night with 25 minutes to go and ahead in our most important match of the season and the only thing the South Stand can think to sing about is Stan Collymore breaking his leg over 10 years ago...

We need to make the place intimidating as possible for the opposition, it does work a wall of noise, think of those foreign sides in Turkey when the English teams go over there..........! 

This also rubs off on the players.

Impressive numbers.

Shame most of the time our actual support is absolutely rubbish.

5 live commented on it multiple time last night that our moans and groans, general negativity and nervousness had spread to the players and noticeably got to them. 

We make a lot of noise when we're doing well and putting teams to the sword - there's not many grounds better in this division, but when the players actually need it, our fans are diabolical.

I don't expect a wall of noise every game but general encouragement rather than constant criticism and shouts of "gerrit forward" and "too easy Derby" would probably help. Yes it can be frustrating but negative energy is wasted energy, positive thinking brings its own rewards.

Agree with a lot of what’s above

We are good at Celebrating making noise when we are winning and or playing well

Whereas isn’t supporting giving encouragement and making lots of noise when we are doing badly.  Our approach to playing badly seems to be moaning and getting irate (your rubbish derby, get rid of it). Sometimes get the feeling a lot of our fans think making noise and singing and chanting when the team is not playing well is “happy clapping” somehow rewarding our payers playing badly or making mistakes.

I stand in the south sand and around me I have hardly heard anyone make positive shouts this season like “Go on Jaime take him on” or “great tackle Bucko”. Most stay quiet and only open there mouths for a moan after one misplaced pass.

I try to be positive and vocal as I enjoy supporting Derby that way but am not one for starting chants and if I tried would most likely just get more funny looks.

Archived