Where have all these pessimists emerged from

Brammie Steve

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

As a supporter of one of the most entertaining teams in the league, still in the top six, and with a massive support base, I am amazed at how many pessimists there seem to be posting new topics.

You know who you are!

We have a realistic chance of going up, we have rarely flirted with relegation, the games are seldom boring.

This site can usually be relied on for good natured banter and mutual support from a great bunch of characters with whom it is a pleasure to converse. (that should please the pedant gestadtpolizei!)

Just lately some posters have taken the most dismal view of every performance in an uncharacteristic dip in form due to a significant number of injuries to key players.

I appreciate those supporters who do not see promotion as the be all and end all of everything exhibiting their professionalism by dismantling every player's performance. If any of the players visit this site I would like to think that they enjoy what they read.

Rams forever say I!

I think it's a reflection of how many live their lives. We tend to focus more on what we haven't got and not appreciate what we have got. I for one love the fact that we are even fighting for a possible promotion to the PL, and not lamenting the end of our season at this time of the year, which is something that we had to content with less than 2 years ago.

Personally I think it's disappointing that people are happy to say "we've had an alright season, so no need to complain" when at this rate we're on course to miss the playoffs. We should appreciate what we've got but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to demand more. Settling for mediocrity is why many of us were devastated when Clough left. 

The last two years have been great, and we have gone from a team going nowhere to the brink of the Premier League. But just accepting a slide backwards is unacceptable. If you want mid-table mediocrity once again, be my guest. Say that the team has done just fine this season, blame everything that's gone wrong on injuries, use the fact we've improved since two years ago as the be-all-and-end-all. But that's not the truth. We have under performed this season and in the crucial moments we have been found lacking. Personally I want to discuss why that is, come the season's end.

It's not over yet, but even if we get promotion through the playoffs, this is still relevant. We cannot just forget the problems we've encountered - "we went up and so we must have done things right last season" - and move on. That does not lead to success in the long-term.

Pessimist? No. Realist. It's infuriating to see people say that "we've come on a lot since two seasons ago" whilst failing to recognise that, if we fail to stop this slide, we'll very soon be back at square one.

Personally I think it's disappointing that people are happy to say "we've had an alright season, so no need to complain" when at this rate we're on course to miss the playoffs. We should appreciate what we've got but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to demand more. Settling for mediocrity is why many of us were devastated when Clough left. 

The last two years have been great, and we have gone from a team going nowhere to the brink of the Premier League. But just accepting a slide backwards is unacceptable. If you want mid-table mediocrity once again, be my guest. Say that the team has done just fine this season, blame everything that's gone wrong on injuries, use the fact we've improved since two years ago as the be-all-and-end-all. But that's not the truth. We have under performed this season and in the crucial moments we have been found lacking. Personally I want to discuss why that is, come the season's end.

It's not over yet, but even if we get promotion through the playoffs, this is still relevant. We cannot just forget the problems we've encountered - "we went up and so we must have done things right last season" - and move on. That does not lead to success in the long-term.

Pessimist? No. Realist. It's infuriating to see people say that "we've come on a lot since two seasons ago" whilst failing to recognise that, if we fail to stop this slide, we'll very soon be back at square one.

If anyone had suggested in 1966 that Derby would be League Champions twice in the next decade and be cheated out of a European cup final they'd have ended up in a padded cell. Like anyone who might have hinted that England might do reasonably well in that year's World Cup without their best striker Jimmy Greaves!:blush:

As a supporter of one of the most entertaining teams in the league, still in the top six, and with a massive support base, I am amazed at how many pessimists there seem to be posting new topics.

You know who you are!

We have a realistic chance of going up, we have rarely flirted with relegation, the games are seldom boring.

This site can usually be relied on for good natured banter and mutual support from a great bunch of characters with whom it is a pleasure to converse. (that should please the pedant gestadtpolizei!)

Just lately some posters have taken the most dismal view of every performance in an uncharacteristic dip in form due to a significant number of injuries to key players.

I appreciate those supporters who do not see promotion as the be all and end all of everything exhibiting their professionalism by dismantling every player's performance. If any of the players visit this site I would like to think that they enjoy what they read.

Rams forever say I!

You know who you are!

Rams forever say I!

You know who you are!

Rams forever say I!

You know who you are!

Rams forever say I!

You know who you are!

Rams forever say I!

PistoldPete2

I think people who say we won't make the play offs are pessimistic. We should win our last 4 games of the season... Even if we lose the next two that would be 80 points. We have missed martin big time and hopefully he will be back properly by next week... I may be wrong but has any team ever got 80 points and not made the p,as offs?

PistoldPete2

I think people who say we won't make the play offs are pessimistic. We should win our last 4 games of the season... Even if we lose the next two that would be 80 points. We have missed martin big time and hopefully he will be back properly by next week... I may be wrong but has any team ever got 80 points and not made the p,as offs?

​I don't think people are pessimistic, I think we are reacting reasonably to the fact that;

- We have, on paper, a stronger squad than last season.

- 4 or so games ago we were joint top.

- We have not won in 7 and look as though we may not even make the play offs.

- We have had key injuries to players like Martin, Thorne, Russell, Bent, Hendrick, Mascarell

- There are rumours of unrest, manager leaving coming out of the club

I think, all things considered, it is pretty positive on here.

Archived