How to get more posts per page?

Colm

I've noticed that now when I load a new page of a topic there's only about 10 posts loading for each page, I swear there used to be about 15-20 which was a lot better than having to change pages all the time. Is there a way to increase how many posts I can view for each page? Cant find it anywhere

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that now when I load a new page of a topic there's only about 10 posts loading for each page, I swear there used to be about 15-20 which was a lot better than having to change pages all the time. Is there a way to increase how many posts I can view for each page? Cant find it anywhere

I've just been testing things with forum load for those that are having crashes, it was set to 25, I lowered it to 10 and up to 15.

I wasn't sure if it was topics with a lot of embedded content was why it's crash for a couple of members. 

There is no user setting for this, it's controlled in the admin panel. Be set to 15 for the rest of the day whilst I test things.

Daveo - interesting observation. I don't recall crashing in the time I was on last night, but that is a bit of a blur, but I have been on for 17 minutes now and not "crashed". I have started my log, but perhaps it was the 25 posts a page causing a glitch. Will keep you updated.

Daveo - interesting observation. I don't recall crashing in the time I was on last night, but that is a bit of a blur, but I have been on for 17 minutes now and not "crashed". I have started my log, but perhaps it was the 25 posts a page causing a glitch. Will keep you updated.

​I've changed a number of things yesterday, I trialled a new editor skin, lowered the posts per page, removed something called ajax, if you notice now when navigating through pages theres no more loading icon with a dulled out page. 

Like I said in my long post last night, it's hard because I'm seeing no difference in testing, could be the most stupid little thing that's just not playing nice with your iPad.

If I go on BBC News and eBay I have the an error occurred on this webpage, reloading thing at the top. It's Apple's way of trying to make it look like the website has an issue, majority of the time it's the iPad that's ran low on memory.

Unless desktop/laptop users are not complaining that's what makes me think it's just a memory issue with iPad's/iPhones.  

I'll keep trying anyhow, although I'll leave it for today now to see how you get on with these settings, unless the new update is pushed out today that will be installed.

I've just been testing things with forum load for those that are having crashes, it was set to 25, I lowered it to 10 and up to 15.

I wasn't sure if it was topics with a lot of embedded content was why it's crash for a couple of members. 

There is no user setting for this, it's controlled in the admin panel. Be set to 15 for the rest of the day whilst I test things.

​I keep getting logged out from various devices and when I click on new content it doesn't show anything new unless it has been posted since I last logged in. Also sometimes it freezes and says I must wait however many seconds (keeps changing from 2 to 10)  before I can click on anything.

The login option try clearing your cookies.

New content make sure the bottom option on the left is All Results, not Since Last Visit.

Theres a 10 second wait in between searches, for some reason the developers included changing search options in that, although I've read they are looking at changing it.

Archived