Italy v England

Day

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that still amazes me with any Italy football v English football is this perception  that Italians lack power and pace and that's a problem for them. 

Power, pace, power, pace. English football puts these above all else and whenever they meet Italians in competition it seems to baffle them how such a conservative approach can match all this power and pace. Yet it never changes. 

We play so much better with tempo. When we try to play like Italy B we look awkward.

If Fabian Delph is international standard then I'm a Spice Girl. But the same could be said for about 5 others. No composure, no instinct to do the right thing at the right time.

Shame - because I think they really do play for the shirt now. I just hope they can grow as players and be true contenders not just flat-track bullies.

I also hope that Barkley, Wilshire (when fit) and Oxlade-Chamberlain get chance to express themselves in future teams. The 'big engine' brigade just don't cut it.

We play so much better with tempo. When we try to play like Italy B we look awkward.

If Fabian Delph is international standard then I'm a Spice Girl. But the same could be said for about 5 others. No composure, no instinct to do the right thing at the right time.

Shame - because I think they really do play for the shirt now. I just hope they can grow as players and be true contenders not just flat-track bullies.

I also hope that Barkley, Wilshire (when fit) and Oxlade-Chamberlain get chance to express themselves in future teams. The 'big engine' brigade just don't cut it.

PistoldPete2

England seem to have option up front now players like Townsend and welbeck seem to do better for England than they do for their clubs

Archived