Top 6 Run-Ins

Yani P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely right. The league table doesn't lie after 46 games. We will deserve to finish where we finish, be it top 2, play offs or outside the top 6.

I agree with those saying it's about what we do. We win we go up. In the Premier League you can look at games and not expect many points, like Norwich's run in last season. They knew they had to be safe with 4 games to go or they were going down. In the Championship there are no certainties, the possible exception is at home to Blackpool is a home win. Other than that all results are possible.

Let's win our games and see where it takes us. One thing is for certain, despite an appalling run of 2 points from 6 games we're still very much in the hunt!

It's quite simple...if we win every single game we have left then we will go up. The 7 in the league...then we are guaranteed at least a play off place and then if we have to the 3 in the play offs....

so 10 games to go...we need to win all 10.... 

Excting isn't it..!?!

Looking at the team selections and the management basically saying let's keep in there with the running pack till the break they think we can do something after. I also believe that we have yet to play Blackpool and Millwall ( I Know they won't roll over and die but these are the teams which the top teams have improved there GD on).

I feel with the best players back we're capable of winning 6/7 and also getting a few clean sheets (Not being funny but watching Thorne when he returned he was a joy to watch!).

If we lose against Watford I feel it may be play offs thoe.

Thorne isn't fit...and wans't fit when we rushed him back last time....hence why he has been out again....

Why do people think that we are going to win 7 games on the spin, we haven't done it all season, in fact i am not sure we have won 7 on  the spin in my 43 years...?

I think we just need to play our game and see what happens. I think the pressure of expectation is starting to really get to the players.

You know, I can't shake the feeling that if we'd beat Fulham and gone 5 points clear at the top when we had the chance, we'd have run away with it. Because there would have been a huge gap and a bit of breathing space to just relax and play our game, and that's when we play our best. No point dwelling on the past obviously but I honestly believe that to be true.

After the Wolves game I thought that was it -playoffs now, but some results have gone for us on Saturday.

I reckon we need to win all the remaining games now to get automatic promotion, not an impossible task if we can get back to winning ways and we need to increase our goal difference at the same time.

I am hopping that everybody is fit for the Watford game and I cannot see with a full strength side why we cannot win all our remaining matches.

We have won 2 of our last 10, so to win 7 out of 7 would need a miraculous turn of events, injuries or no injuries. Realistically the best we can all honestly hope for is positive momentum to cement a top 6 finish so we can hit the play offs with a settled side and game by game improvement of performance.

Archived