Mark my words...........

When we were promoted in 1995/6 we won 21 games and we have won 19 so far this season we got 79 points that year but we did draw 16 games. We ended up 4 points behind Sunderland and 4 points ahead of Palace so comfortable second; at this stage we were top by one point we had 64 but had only won 17 so comparatively we are ok. Saturday v BCFC is important yes but we need to keep this in perspective...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a bad week we're still just 1 point off top. Dunno why everyone is giving up. 

You'd have cut your testicles off for this position just over 18months ago.

In under 2 years we've gone from not threatening the play offs to 1 point off top being a bad thing. 

It's not blind faith to think we can make top 2. It's just not giving up because things are tough. 

People seem to have ruled us out the play offs too. I'm not sure why we are less capable of winning them than the others. 

I say it all the time. I think we'll finish top 2. But I don't think it will be easy. Never did. 

Need to beat Reading on the last day its locked at 2-2....Bent falls on his ****but manages to slide in Russell and.... Aguero style, we're up.

No need to panic i tell thee.

​Yes. Hendrick would be a massive loss. Thorne on a 3 year contract would not tie him to Derby if the right offer came in (Newcastle/McClaren) and as for Martin, would he feel as confident about his future here with the team being dismantled around him?

It's a blip for me, we have a home game against Brum to put it right, a week to prepare for Norwich and figure out our game plan and then a great opportunity to put some space between us and Boro.

We can look at it negatively in terms of some tough games against sides around us coming up OR we can see it as an opportunity to put a dent in the challenges of our rivals.

We have the ability, we just need to regain our mental resilience and rediscover what it was that helped us to go 11 games with only 1 defeat. So in the same way as we hadn't won the league two games ago when we were 5 points clear, we're also not going to drop out of contention all together after a couple of disappointing defeats!

Doom and gloom it isn't, it's just not going to be the merry walk in the park some of the less realistic a****st us thought it would be. Wake up, it's a tough league, get a grip and support the lads!

I don't believe Thorne will leave at the end of this season if we don't go up. He's pretty much missed the whole season through injury so I wouldn't think he'd be on too many peoples radars atm anyway. I think if we were to lose to Birmingham and Norwich the real panicking can start but atm a point of the top I'm still fairly relaxed.

Seriously? We can't win games where there's hardly any pressure at all, the last two games is 6 massive points dropped. We look like conceding every time a side comes into our final third. Norwich are going to tear us apart, and we will almost certainly lose to Wolves, probably to Boro too. And if we get in the play offs, the pressure ramps up even more, and this team has proven time and again this season they're not up to handling pressure.

Unless there is a huge improvement immediately I can't see us making the top 6, let alone top 2. Get used to lower mid-table finishes again guys, we've bottled it.

Archived