Guinea Pigs

davenportram

You know when someone's created the latest best thing and they need to test it. Would you volunteer?

I knew a few people at uni get paid for drugs trials.

I tried that ice white chewing gum before it was released. Got 25 packs of Extra for doing it.

so what would you be prepared to be a guinea pig for if you didn't get paid? What if you got paid loads.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As part of my psychology degree,I had to find a clinical trial to be a part of and report on.I chose one dealing with food...and had the sh*ts for days after.

Needless to say...would take a lot of money or something else to get me to be a part of something similar again.

I've done a few medical trials. The most successful was one in Australia. Spent the two weeks during the Beijing lympics in hospital just following the games on t'internet having my blood taken every now and then. Paid for my flight home. 

A a stupid place in leeds had me for one night if a trial, then decided I had too much iron in my blood and sent me home. The same place also sent me home when they discovered I had hepatitis b. They were wrong. 

I I heard of one guy got paid £5,000 to have his big toes removed and then reattached a couple of weeks later. Might be an urban myth doing the rounds in guinea pigging circles. I was in a ward with a study group that had to poo in a bag because they'd been laced with a radioactive tracer, and their poo had to be incinerated. 

I would have replied but of course new forum wouldn't let me.

i was going to say.....that the above post really made me smile after a ****e night courtesy of the RAC.

Archived